Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I sit or bounce on my 2007 Burgman 400. I hear a squeak from down by the shock adjustment. I have just over 23,000 miles of the bike. Can it be time to replace the shock or could it be something else. I've not seen too much about this in this forum.
If replacement is necessary is that a DIY project or an experioenced shop job?
An suggestions?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It could be as simple as a spacer on either end of the shock eyelets, which is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The squeak is most likely your linkage bearings (#2) needs new grease - best scenario.
Or, they're so far gone due to lack of grease, that the roller bearings are no longer round and they have flat spots, so the bearings as well as the sleeves (#3 & #8 ) need to be replaced - worse case scenario. I don't see any linkage bearing seals provided on the b400 to seal out water when riding in the rain, so it looks like these linkage bearings will need more servicing if you ride in rain alot.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rubber shock bushing 99.99% of the time. Spray Silicone or the more expensive car door gasket lube on the shock pivots top N bottom, works to quiet the squeaking. Some shocks have a rubber bumper sleeve within the spring to keep the spring from rubbing on the oil/air barrel that the piston rides inside of. Just spraying some silicone on that will quiet things for a long time also. Warning: Do Not Get ANY of this Lube on your brake rotor or any brake parts! Do not use oil or grease on the rubber parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts