Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may use http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/ to ship my bike from MD to FL this winter.
Part of the shipping agreement is that the tank must be dry.
My question is, will I damage something if I run it dry?
And does anyone know any other shipping companies?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I would not run it dry just drain it - never done it myself but should not be too much of a problem.

Run it well low and then unhook one of the fuel lines to drain,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm selling my van and flying down.
It's all kind of up in the air right now.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
There are some shippers that do not require that the tank be dry. These are generally shippers who specialize in moving motor vehicles only. The ones who require a dry tank usually ship via moving companies, so your cycle will likely be in a big moving van along with other folks household goods.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
blackskies said:
I think I'm selling my van and flying down.
It's all kind of up in the air right now.
Mmmm - kinda makes sense! :lol:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
blackskies,
Go to Google type in "motorcycle shipping" and you could go nuts, but it's worth a look I guess
At least you could do some price shopping.
Me if i had the time. I mite take the bus and ride the bike back.
If anything went wrong there must be a Suzuki dealer every other exit anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Think AUTO TRAIN

Leaves Lorton, VA and arrives Sanford, FL.

Check it out on the web.

Janine :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Auto Train

Auto Train is an excellent idea especially since you are in Maryland. I've taken it several times and have been pleased with the service and condition of my vehicles each time.

Cost isn't a whole lot more than flying. It will run you $180 - $340 depending on if you get a bedroom or not. Includes dinner and breakfast.

If you aren't interested in the train try Forward Air. You have to call them because the pricing on their website for motorcycles is usually much higher than calling. The service is very fast. Several Harley friends use Forward Air and swear by them. They come out from Arizona and California every year for Bike Weeks.

DO NOT USE http://www.haulbikes.com! The company is Daily Direct and several of us (myself included) have had unpleasant experiences with them.

Best of luck to you. Where in Florida are you moving? I'm in central Florida, maybe we can ride sometime.

Dee

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I used JC Motors shippers (http://www.motorcycleshippers.com) to ship my bike from AZ to KY when I bought it.

They were a bit pricey, but the bike arrived in excellent condition, they delivered it right to my door, the drivers were very courteous & extremely careful handling the unloading for me, they have real time daily tracking via thier website, & it had a full tank of gas & all oil chambers were full. I checked it over & rode it home (I had it delivered next door where they have a nice roomy parking lot instead of my sharply slanted driveway).

They also included the cover & the soft tiedowns for free (free, yeah right!). Overall I was extremely pleased with them and would not hesitate to use them again should the need arise.

·
Registered
140 Posts
shipping reference

I used 3 Joker for my shipping and hit came with a half tank of fuel and all of the oil in it. I would highly recommend them if not for the price, for the customer service.

Shiro Jin Rider

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts