Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck driver just called, he's about 15 minutes away and will be dropping the 650 off shortly.

WOOHOO!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Chuck, Congrats. We are going to miss your postings now that you won't have any spare time. Enjoy the ride and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
YEAH!!!!! Hope you enjoy your new scoot!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I remember that feeling - very well! :)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Congrats... Glad it finally came in... Don't forget to post some pictures of it.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rjsuz05,

Mainly 2 reasons:

1) I'm a big guy and would look/feel kind of silly sitting a bike that was very much smaller, although the 400 would have worked ok, I'm more comfortable on the 650 & with a spinal injury to contend with, comfort is very important for me.

2) I plan on using the scoot on the interstate for touring (sometimes 1 up, & sometimes 2 up). I felt the larger engine would accomodate that goal much easier than the 400, especially w/my girlfriend riding behind me.

My last consideration was fuel economy, this might sound strange as the 400 gets much better mileage, but if I can achieve 45-50 mpg, then I'm way ahead of the game not having to drive my truck (which requires premium fuel) getting, at best, about 18-19 mpg.

Everyone else, thank you for the grats.

I managed to get one milestone passed this afternoon. About 2 hrs after she got here, Sylvia got a little bad tempered while I was turning her around in the driveway, decided to try and get away, and wound up getting dropped on the front end of my mother's car. Net cost: 1 hood & 1 set of grillwork on a 95 Buick Skylark + 1 smashed up left hand mirror housing on Sylvia.

At least I don't need to worry about that first scratch thing!

·
Registered
550 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's great man, Let the GOOD TIMES roll!!! when you run out of gas, touch base and tell us about all the fun you're having. Welcome to the club....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not any more, look up 2 posts :twisted: :evil: :oops:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Chuck,

I think you've set a new record on the forums... 2 hours till damage. I'm pretty sure it took me a day or 2 to scratch mine up. Congratulations on the new ride.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ack! :(
Well, try to look on the bright side... Ok, no bright side but at least you won't be upset when the first road rock scratches Sylvia.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Bill, a record I could've done without! Oh well if that's the worst thing that happens this week, I'll get over it. :oops: :p

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Wyldman said:
...I managed to get one milestone passed this afternoon. About 2 hrs after she got here, Sylvia got a little bad tempered while I was turning her around in the driveway... Net cost: 1 hood & 1 set of grillwork on a 95 Buick Skylark + 1 smashed up left hand mirror housing on Sylvia.
Sorry to hear about that, Wyldman. I bet your mom's not too happy.

Oh well, at least Sylvia is still road worthy. That's one thing to be thankful for.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Bodywork on a 95 Skylark ---- 250.00
Left Mirror Housing ------------- 175.00

Burgman Ownership - PRICELESS!! :D

(all $ quantities just for joke's effect...do not try this at home)

·
Registered
13 Posts
where in louisville ?

I LIVED IN LOUISVILLE FOR 18 YEARS, before moving to florida.We lived off Lower Hunters Trace near Shively.Sorry to here about you accident. viper....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Again, thanks for the congrats and commisserations!

Viper64,

We used to live over on that side of town when I was a kid (a VERRRY long time ago 8) ). Small world, ain't it?

Pete,

Dude, you crack me up!

Brian,

No, Mom's not too happy, but I'm a big boy and take responsibility for my mistakes, & she knows it so she'll get over it quickly. Now all I have to do is convince her that I don't have any broken ribs. I won't lie, I do have some pretty seriously bruised ribs, but nothing I haven't survived before. She keeps hounding me to go to the ER for x-rays, I'm not bleeding, so no ER (my absolute least favorite place in the world. Hell, I'd rather go to jail!).

Beleive it when I say I am grateful for the lack of serious harm to Sylvia. Anyone know where I can get an 03 650 silver left hand mirror housing (CHEAP!)?

bernardavenue,

You're in that same catagory w/Pete, you crack me up! Do you guys know how painful it is to laugh w/bruised ribs? Just keep it up, I'll have my revenge one day! (j/k)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts