Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Administrator
Until you really spend some major seat time on a bike you will never quite understand.

So the quote "...it is utterly adequate 99% of the time." is so true for most Burgman riders, NOT all but for most.

Will a Burgman ever be as smooth as a full dressed Goldwing/Calvalcade/Concours/Trophy? NO!
Having rode many hours on a Suzuki Calvalcade LXE 1450cc. The only thing wrong back then is it was VERY top heavy in City riding and not a 'Twisty' bike. And 28-32 MPG. But it was a TORQUE monster.

Registered
Cinephiles may prefer the male version, Ingmar ....

Registered
Confused about your gender? Look down in your pants, your bits will tell the story.
Just sitting on my 400 in the cold garage makes me feel better. Will it ever stop pouring rain here on the far wet coast? First winter we have spent here in a long time. Gimme me my vaccination so I can get out of here!
Happy Motoring and play again.

Registered
She was loaded onto a truck on 12/18 on a cold and dark evening in Derry, New Hampshire and arrived today (sunny, cold, and clear) in the Wichita, KS area. She shall be known as Ingrid.
She is a 2014 model with 7,033 miles on the clock - and from preliminary review the body / fenders, et al seem to be w/o blemish (this is the first time I've seen her in person). Unfortunately, she has a less-than-full battery. She tried to turnover only once (followed by a fast clicking). All dash lights were functioning and the mirrors unfolded (very slowly). Upon inspection under the seat, I learned there was already a battery tender attached - so I hooked up my battery charger to the existing pig-tail and the red LED lit up red (indicating charging is needed). I'm not too surprised by this as the previous owner hadn't been riding and it has been 3.5 weeks since she was last started.
On the plus side - the temps in Wichita are only going up (to 60ish on Wednesday) and there are plenty of opportunities ahead for me to ride!
As for HaulBikes.... They originally identified an earlier pick-up window, but that got pushed. Then, they had identified a delivery date prior to or on 12/30/20 - but that got pushed. After becoming a bit of a squeaky wheel - they started becoming more communicative regarding her location and plans. They don't load a bike and it stays on that truck until delivery - they have multiple warehouses around the country that serve as distribution points. I believe Ingrid was on a total of three trucks (one for pickup, one that took her from Harrisburg, PA to OKC, and today from OKC). The quote was $610 for the transport - but they've told me I'll get a $50 refund due to the extended delay from the original target date (we'll see if/when that refund hits). Overall - 2.5 / 5 stars at this time solely because of the delays and initial lack of communication.
It's easy to forget how heavy these girls are until you have to push them up a hill. Glad that I have longer legs! More updates once she gets fully charged.
- Bill
Ride safe(r)

View attachment 92729 View attachment 92730
Surprised at the cost, my daughter bought a 2019 Mustang GT convertible in Ft Lauderdale and shipped to MI just north of South Bend IN. This was in October 2020 for just under $900. Glad you got her in good shape.

Registered
I just installed my 3rd battery for my 2011 650...
Third? Seems like a lot of batteries. If there is an easy way to do it, you might consider keeping your bike hooked to a battery tender when you're not riding. One tender costs less than one battery.

Premium Member
Third? Seems like a lot of batteries. If there is an easy way to do it, you might consider keeping your bike hooked to a battery tender when you're not riding. One tender costs less than one battery.
yeah, agreed, we need a battery thread thingy, Ima open one

Registered
Good luck with your purchase I am sure you will love it. I just installed my 3rd battery for my 2011 650 and it is by far the best. I cranks in a zip. I bought the Weize ytx14-BS on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P6Z7TV3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I just got one for my 03 650. A Yuasa on Amazon but twice the price of Weize. Other was suppose to be new 2 yrs ago. I do trickle charge bike (cars also have tender connection).

IDK what weather wants to do in Roswell, NM was 60s last few days. Another cold spell.

Congrads on new burgman. No problems here out of disscused gear design and seat release. Crazy to have a big truck give me jump at store. Anyway enjoy your bike in KS.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts