Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my 40L Shad top box for my 2018 400...but they sent the mount for a 200 so I had to send it back and now cannot find the appropriate SHAD mounting plate ANYWHERE! I'm on the waiting list on a couple sites but no estimated date it will be available. Has anyone done a self-mod to be able to mount this particular SHAD case to a 2018??? Getting desperate with the case just sitting here....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I shad myself haha. Sorry it was there

I got a welder a while back. I would make a bracket temporarily that would work with the 200 till I got the right part

·
Super Moderator
2,331 Posts
Might be of help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this stage I am wondering if my SHAD top box will get mounted this riding season! Very unimpressed by customer support at Shad. As noted above back in April I got the 40L top box but wrong mounting bracket. Then the fun begins. I contacted Shad on the web site via chat and was told NO Problem. Just pay for shipping and the correct (2018 400 ABS) mount would be sent as it was in stock. a few days later....email that the part was NOT in stock but would be ordered and shipped soon. Subsequent CHATS to find out the status reveled the mount would be send the first week of June...next chat: mid June to be shipped...next chat: end of June...NEXT change: first week of July (do you see a pattern here???)...next chat: would ship out on July 6th....today is July 14th...the order shows "READY FOR UPS PICKUP"....WTF!!!!!?????? I sure hope I love this top case if/when I can ever get it mounted...Shad customer support: HORRIBLE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 2019 (400) I opted for the OEM rack with the Givi V40 Monokey Top Case. The Givi V40 complements the bike well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Both UPS and USPS are on their butts riding the covid mule. Took a small package for my wife to go from Fl to Toronto CA over a week. CanadaPost is much worse. Same package from Toronto to Vancouver Island another three weeks. Tire took three weeks from Ontario to the Island. A month to get a hot tub cover because manufacturer had slow shipping for materials to make the cover; manufacturer is in my home province of BC. It may be three days before UPS actually picks up your package and then a slooow truck ride from depot to depot. Patience, Grasshopper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FINALLY got my mount yesterday. The install instructions are horrible - like trying to put together a piece of IKEA furniture with 1/2 the pictures missing.... but harder. For a sec I thought they had sent me the wrong mount...but after a few false starts and some trial and error I finally got the mount on and the 40L SHAD top box on. Pretty awesome...Now I just wish there were a simple horn upgrade. I've already added heated grips, the top box, new windscreen and KN air filter. The few horn upgrades I have seen require a bit more electrical/mechanical knowledge than I can support :) . One note about the KN - I've always been anal about watching my mpg - and I know what the scoot tells you is not that accurate...but it IS relative. On my 2013 after 12,000 miles or so I was getting right around 55 mpg. I was pleasantly surprised to get 70 on the 2018 for the first 6-7,000 miles but then it dropped a bit. Since I put the KN filter in a week ago it't starting to climb back to near 70mpg once more. Not sure if it;s the increased air flow or just the fact the removed filter might have been a tad dirty. Ride on!

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Conroy, with you being in "The Claw" it would be a 15 minuet ride to assist you in doing any electrical mods.

At least once a week I go down from Aub- Bk Dia road, into the Green River "Flaming Geyser" area, up the hill and then down 244th Ave and cross over SR164 Aub-Enum road to Buckley and then 410 to Bonney Lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts