Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scanned the member list, and found seven US states that don't appear to have any registered members on this forum. I scanned fairly quickly, so I may have missed a state or two. If so, my apologies...

The states include: Delaware, Montana (my home state), Rhode Island, South Dakota (do they allow bikes there?), Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Anyone registered members living in one of these states? Just curious...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Don't forget, there's quite a fair number of people who haven't entered any geographical information! It would be interesting if they were all from those 7 states!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Last year Scootercade was scheduled for the same time as Sturgis. So I was riding south while all the "cruiser lemmings" were heading north. With Scootercade running at the same time, I'd have to agree - there probably weren't many big scooters at Sturgis.

I did ride the Black Hills last year on my Burgman. I did it earlier in the year when the roads weren't so congested. I did see a couple of other scoots - I remember a couple touring two up on a Helix. I loved riding the tight curvy roads in the Black Hills. I'll be baaack!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pauljo said:
I loved riding the tight curvy roads in the Black Hills. I'll be baaack!
Keep heading west when you do. The "Going to the Sun" highway in Glacier Park (Montana) is easily the most beautiful road you'll ever ride. Skip Yellowstone - too many tourists and "tame" bears. Glacier is 1000x better.

Bring your warm gear though. It's cold up there, and storms come in quickly.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Going to the Sun...

Going to the Sun is one of the most beautiful roads in the country. I have followed it all the way into Canada.

I miss it... :cry:

We don't want to talk too much about it though. It's one of the nations best kept secrets. Don't want any tourist types ruining it for us! :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was born and raised in VT but became a transplant here in New York 7 years ago!! Does that count?? :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
How about everybody take a minute and go back and review their profile and make sure they have their state they are from on their profile and then lets see where we are missing people....bet all the states will be covered and lots of countries all over the world. Should be interesting then...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Profile updates.

Someone (sorry I forgot who) suggested putting your state first then your city. Mine is Florida, Longwood. Makes it easy to scan for riding buddies!

·
Registered
157 Posts
There are 2500+ members listed over 51 pages. With no ability to "jump" to a page in the middle or to search the memberlist I find it too time consuming to try to find members.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Try putting the URL below into your browser replacing the 999 with member number you want the list to start with. Currently 999 will get you to page 20 sorted by location which is the middle of the locations beginning with 'ca'. Trying different values will allow you to quickly jump around in the member list.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/memberlist ... &start=999

·
Registered
449 Posts
flintbobbi said:
Delaware, Montana (my home state), Rhode Island, South Dakota (do they allow bikes there?), Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Delaware is located on the east coast near Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Montana is the big one left of center near Canada.
Rhode island is a little tiny one near Massachussets.
Vermont is located between New York and Maine, kind of an upside down version of New Hampshire - look for Maple trees.
South Dakota is not actually in the south, but just to the right of Montana.
West Viginia is not in the west, but in the applachian mountains north of Virginia and south of Ohio.
Wyoming is just below Montana and above the other 4 mostly square states- not a good place to go quail hunting either.

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Re: Going to the Sun...

ScubaGirl said:
Going to the Sun is one of the most beautiful roads in the country. I have followed it all the way into Canada.

I miss it... :cry:

We don't want to talk too much about it though. It's one of the nations best kept secrets. Don't want any tourist types ruining it for us! :lol:
Dear Lady,

Where and What is "Going to the sun" ???

Per

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Going-to-the-Sun Road is a spectacular 52 mile highway through Glacier National Park and crosses the Continental Divide at Logan Pass. Then traverses the towering Garden Wall. The maximum vehicle dimensions are 21 feet long (including bumpers) and 8 feet wide (including mirrors). Over-length vehicles may be parked at entrance points. Rental cars are available at nearby towns and there is also a shuttle service. For details, call Rocky Mountain Transportation 406-862-2539. The Going-to-the-Sun Road normally opens in early June.

source: http://www.watertoninfo.ab.ca/tsun.html

also: http://www.nps.gov/glac/gallery/plow2005.htm

this is the most beautiful highway i've ever traveled.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Spectacular...

Yes, it is truly spectacular. In addition to the breathtaking scenery the wildlife is outstanding. You can see deer, moose, mountain goats, bear and more. The ground squirrels will come up and eat out of your hand. (But I don't know that from personal experience or anything.)

I would LOVE to take the Burgman up there.

Best drive in Montana AND the country and I've seen lots of this country.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts