Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this with anybody else who may need to wear a Life Alert necklace when they get down to service their machine. (I can fall down easy enough but getting up again is getting harder all the time). So I built this service platform that gets the machine up at least 4" higher plus gives me a good work surface. It is made from 4 small pallets. Then place some 3/4" plywood or something similar on top of each piece. Then make a ramp. You can use larger pallets but they are heavier and you will only need 3. Anyway, you can just drive up on it, park and kick out the rear pallet for rear tire removal or put a small jack under the exhaust and raise it up about 1/2" and kick out the front panel for front wheel removal or maintenance. Works for me!:p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Looks really nice, Chappy! Don't forget tie-down straps though. Don't ask me how I know... :angry7:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks really nice, Chappy! Don't forget tie-down straps though. Don't ask me how I know... :angry7:
OOPS! Thanks ChipDoc! I never even considered that. Will do. :idea:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Looks Good Chappy!
I especially like the scoots bedpan.........Uh, I mean oil pan. :cool:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thought I was smart, bought a Princess Auto (Canada's Harbour Freight) lift. Carefully drove onto the thing...and realized the table was too narrow for the 650's kickstand.

So I got a decent wheel chock, rode up, felt smart again. Front wheel secure. Straps on, table up, maintenance ho! A bit wobbly, not terribly inspiring but no problems. Table down, straps off...and I can't get enough leverage to pull the scoot free of the chock. Sigh.

I like the Chaplain's idea better. Feeling smarter again. The Lord works in mysterious ways. :D

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Nicely done, every inch off the ground helps when you can't get down on your knees easily.

I am working on a new adapter to transform my HF lift into something like this mod:

I am currently using a platform adapter that bolts to the top of my HF motorcycle lift.
The middle section serves as a multi-platform as a table top, base for my tire changer and the middle piece for the adapter.
Will try and finish the DIY on it.
The front and rear pieces just bolt on and everything comes apart and gets stored inside the middle piece.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
pretty neat

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Nice CKC, inexpensive, useful.

This unit can also be use with 2 inexpensive 750-1000 lb chain block or pulley system from rafter.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That's assuming that your rafters can support a thousand pounds! I like the way that table is constructed though.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

This unit can also be use with 2 inexpensive 750-1000 lb chain block or pulley system from rafter.

Motorcycle Table. - YouTube
Think I am going to make a table like this, I already have the motorcycle lift.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
This is my set up , no need for straps just the chock .
It takes a little muscle to yank it out but once you get
the hang of it it's pretty easy . I will never work on a
bike again without a lift . Way to old for that crap .

TheReaper!

View attachment 18713

View attachment 18721

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
LeDude
Can you provide sizes and more info on the HF platform. It looks great!
I will try and put the finishing touches on the DIY, but to give you a quick idea about the dimensions, overall it is about 94 inches long:

- center piece is 48x24
- front piece is 26x12
- back piece is 20x12.

I used 4x1 inch boards as side walls so it sits about 4.5 inches off the ground just the right height to match the seated position of the lift.

I have a foldable rear ramp that I use to roll the scoot onto the platform.

you want to keep the height as low as possible, especially with a 600 lbs scoot.

·
Registered
630 Posts

Very clever. You could customize the size easily and the ATV lift is peanuts. Good old fashioned jack-stands round it out--a very stable platform.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts