Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a service manual for my 2007 Burgman 400. But I want to be sure to get one that explains how to remove the tupperware (body plastic). Anyone have any suggestions on which one to buy & where?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont think my haynes has all the tupperware stuff but it is very easy to get it all off. Dash and glove box sections are the hardest but the rest are pop plugs, one socket and a screwdriver. Micbergsma has a load of vids doing most jobs. The haynes is still a great buy. My bike never goes to the garage. What do you want off.. May be able to send you some links.

Stan

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have a Floyd Clymer manual for my 2008 400......... Not sure if it shows all of that as I have not looked at the book for quite a while.... BUT they are available at a Suzuki dealer and they may have one in stock so you can leaf through it before you buy. About $45.00 - I think. Also there is a Haynes manual, as well.

·
Premium Member
8,161 Posts
sharkmart65 said:
I would like to purchase a service manual for my 2007 Burgman 400. But I want to be sure to get one that explains how to remove the tupperware (body plastic). Anyone have any suggestions on which one to buy & where?
the suzuki service manual is even a little vague and leaves you to figure out some of the things but it did the trick for me , and I like having a paper manual I can write on to remind myself of important steps/tips when repeating a procedure, like (get beer, turn wench lefty loosy, now let her go and get back to fixing scooter ) but the website is your ultimate guide , these guys have removed everything, broken most of it, and can tell you exactly how not to do it, break it I mean.
More expensive but has good stuff in it and plenty of room for notes, grease smears etc (bigger print)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the help. I'll check with some Suzuki dealers in the area. I do like to have the paper manual in the garage.

·
Premium Member
8,161 Posts
I keep a harley manual in the potty, great paper for absorbing " grease". pages tear into squares good too :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
sharkmart65 said:
Thanks everyone for the help. I'll check with some Suzuki dealers in the area. I do like to have the paper manual in the garage.

Checked the haynes earlier and there is a whole bodywork section with lots of pics. All you need to know. Tool section and wiring diagrams in colour. Only use mine for torque settings so often forget how good haynes are.

This is the version. Should find it in the U.S easily. Amazon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haynes-Suzuki ... 0877675683

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I have a subscription to the Cycelpedia online manual, and find it very good indeed. Covers all the tupperware (I currently have mine stripped down, doing an engine rebuild), as well as everything mechanically.

Broken into sections, with links to related sections. I can print the sections I need, when I need them, and if the get dirty, I print a clean one!

May not work for everyone, but I like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikeyMarine said:
I keep a harley manual in the potty, great paper for absorbing " grease". pages tear into squares good too :thumbup:
I own a Harley too. 69FLH. So I need that manual, believe me.lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Look on Craigslist, Northwest Georgia, and search for "Burgman". One is listed there for $10 and downloaded as a .pdf file.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts