Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know wich is the best Service Manual for the Burgi ?
Where can I order it ?
I am not a mechanic but with some skills.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The only manual I am aware of is the Suzuki service manual. You should be able to get the service manual from you local Suzuki dealer. Or you may purchase it from another retailer like Ron Ayers Motorcycles that has 400 service manuals for $20.87 (US) plus shipping.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
CINCNORAD said:
I just ordered mine from:

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com

Shipped next day and arrived quickly.
That's generally the trade-off. You can usually get the manual for less money at Ron Ayers, but it took weeks to arrive. Ron Ayers has the best prices on a lot of stuff, but they don't stock anything. When you order from them, they order from their source.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just went to the Ron Ayers site, clicked on Engines, then Service Manuals, then Suzuki, and the most recent option was 2001. Any suggestions on how to order for a '04 400?

Peace.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bleeder said:
Just went to the Ron Ayers site, clicked on Engines, then Service Manuals, then Suzuki, and the most recent option was 2001. Any suggestions on how to order for a '04 400?

Peace.
I just ordered mine from:

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com

It's the '03-'04 version.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Here's the link to order the '03 manual :

Ron Ayers Burgman 400 2003

You may have to call to get the correct part number for the 04 manual (if different).

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
No problem. I tried finding it on the Ron Ayers website and ran into the same issue as you. The only way I located it was searched the forums, found the part number, and then did a part lookup on the Ron Ayers site. They really need to update their site to make it more "user friendly" in finding parts.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
No problem. I tried finding it on the Ron Ayers website and ran into the same issue as you. The only way I located it was searched the forums, found the part number, and then did a part lookup on the Ron Ayers site. They really need to update their site to make it more "user friendly" in finding parts.
Suzuki doesn't update the entire manual each year.What you will get is a K3 manual, but at the back it should have an addendum for any specs that changed for the K4.

My V-Strom manual is a K2 manual (first year in the USA), but it has a few pages in the back showing the changes for the K3 model. I assume from that that the current AN400 manual is a K3/K4 manual.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I emailed Ron Ayers asking for the part number of a AN 400 manual, also asked if it was in stock. They kindly sent me the part number and the price, about 59 bucks plus shipping. They did not answer whether or not it was in stock, I'll bet it wasn't. :roll:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
garyw0cki said:
I emailed Ron Ayers asking for the part number of a AN 400 manual, also asked if it was in stock. They kindly sent me the part number and the price, about 59 bucks plus shipping. They did not answer whether or not it was in stock, I'll bet it wasn't. :roll:
Please post the part number for the AN400 2004 service manual.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Fitty Nine??? The '03 manual is listed for 22 on their website. Fer less than that price I could buy from Oneida.

Peace.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I called Ayers, got the part no. and price and, yep, it's 57 and change plus shipping of 7. Part number 99500-34081-03E. One digit different than the '03 manual. Web site does not recognize that number.

Peace.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Over double the price. Ouch!!! If I had the 04, I'd be sorely tempted to get the 03 manual since there isn't that much difference between the 2 year models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
here it is, 99500-34081-03E
57.53 American dollars. :roll: A bit much?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
garyw0cki said:
here it is, 99500-34081-03E
57.53 American dollars. :roll: A bit much?
In comparison to the '03 manual, yes. It is a bit too much. Wonder why the huge price difference?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just got the official Suzuki 400 shop manual and there are a couple things I don't like about it. First, the manual doesn't cover simple procedures very well. It seems to assume every one of us are going to perform a complete engine over haul and so there are pages and pages of engine removal and tear down.

What about a procedure on changing the belt and changing the brake pads? It seems everything is described as a complete tear down and so you have to read between the lines to figure out performing some of the most routine maintenance tasks. I guess this is one of the reasons for this forum. Maybe a Cymer or Haynes version will come out and we'll really have a practical manual.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
Hey Guys,

I just got the official Suzuki 400 shop manual and there are a couple things I don't like about it. First, the manual doesn't cover simple procedures very well. It seems to assume every one of us are going to perform a complete engine over haul and so there are pages and pages of engine removal and tear down.

What about a procedure on changing the belt and changing the brake pads? It seems everything is described as a complete tear down and so you have to read between the lines to figure out performing some of the most routine maintenance tasks. I guess this is one of the reasons for this forum. Maybe a Cymer or Haynes version will come out and we'll really have a practical manual.
Tim

You are right - these manuals do have a level of assumed knowledge, they should more properly be described as Workshop Guides.

They do cover tupperware oragami pretty well but as you say their coverage elsewhere is variable and tends to omit the basics. However by the same token it does not purport to be a training manual to help you become a motorcycle mechanic.

In time, this forum will be the font of all Burgman knowledge as we gain and share our experiences.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts