Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the service manual CD for 2008 thru 2013 Burgman 400. I have the Haynes manual I bought from an eBay seller in the U.K... it is a very good manual covering most years including colored wiring diagrams, the trouble is: when it comes to the wiring to the speedometer there is nothing written to explain what the wire connects to inside the speedometer unit for 2007 onward. Most of the wires can be traced back to a light or switch.... those are simple enough to figure out. Also, the diagrams for 2006 and earlier are pretty detailed when it comes to the speedometer. Somehow, the later model diagrams that I have seen just have the wiring going into a large rectangle with speedometer printed inside it.

My question is, does anybody have a wiring diagram for a 2007 (and onward) that shows where each wire goes to once it reaches the speedometer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have not seen any connector (pin-out) diagrams for the combination meter--I would open it up and trace the internnal connections (based on wire colour and connector pin) inside the unit...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response but I really can't tell you how much I don't want to ruin a nice speedometer by pinning it out. I have a friend that works as a mechanic at the local sport center. I think maybe I will give him a call. I ordered the service manual CD, but I really expect to find it to be a clone of the Haynes book I already have.

I guess there is a point that Suzuki wants you to stop troubleshooting, thus the absence of the gauge cluster wiring diagram.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I am unclear as to what it is you seek?

Is it your plan to custom wire the combination meter internally, bypassing the connector?

How would it be "ruined" by pinning it out (excluding that is might be a sealed unit incapable of being non-destructively disassembled graciously)?

It would be trivial to determine what colour code wire connects to what pin on the connector, and as the colour codes for each input are on the schematic mapping functionality to the connector pins would not be a big deal?

Perhaps I or others could be of more help if we knew more about the project?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts