Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quote for 265 for the valve job and throttle body balancing. Sound like a fair price? Beyond that service and me changing all the oils, anything else need to be done?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
In LA, that would be a great price. I had never heard of the term throttle body balancing until a month or so ago. What makes you think this needs attention?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just know I'm like the 3rd owner and it's an 05 bike. I've been riding it more miles in s year than it probably ever has so I though to just be safe get everything checked our correctly and be done.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I just know I'm like the 3rd owner and it's an 05 bike. I've been riding it more miles in s year than it probably ever has so I though to just be safe get everything checked our correctly and be done.
How many miles on your 2005 ? TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was 20,000 when I bought it and 2 oil changes so probably close to 30,000? I'll check for a definite number for you

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It was 20,000 when I bought it and 2 oil changes so probably close to 30,000? I'll check for a definite number for you
I also have an 05 but with a lot less miles , my question is how is your 05 running at 30K , and or any specific reason for the valve and fuel adjustment ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No real reason beyond precautionary maintenance. It's running like a champ. If you don't mind me asking, you think I got a good deal on it at $2,300? It had 20,000 miles but came with saddle bags and the Givi Maxia 2 case color matched in silver. Haven't ever run into anyone with an 05 here in Phoenix.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I also have an 05 but with a lot less miles , my question is how is your 05 running at 30K , and or any specific reason for the valve and fuel adjustment ?

TheReaper!
+1 If you go ahead with this make doubly sure that the mechanic knows how to use a vacuum balancer gauge correctly.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure he does. He did the valves on my 03 400 so should be fine. Went to one of the local motorcycle shop schools here. If not he garuntees his work.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
No real reason beyond precautionary maintenance. It's running like a champ. If you don't mind me asking, you think I got a good deal on it at $2,300? It had 20,000 miles but came with saddle bags and the Givi Maxia 2 case color matched in silver. Haven't ever run into anyone with an 05 here in Phoenix.
I haven't seen the bike but in general I would say you got a VERY GOOD deal . Since you've already put 10K on it , you now know there was nothing wrong with it mechanically . All that said a 650 with 20K on the clock at that price it would be difficult to get hurt on it . One thing a lot of people don't think about is , these bikes have value even if the CVT blows up . You've heard the real-estate "location location location" axiom ? Well with the 650 it's condition condition condition , that being the condition of the plastics . On a 650 Burg a pristine set of plastics is your get out of jail free card when and if the CVT blows . In your case because of what you paid for the bike , you pretty much already have your free card .

As far as preventive maintenance goes , for the most part I am one of those "if it ain't broke don't mess with it" guys . And I am especially that way with the 650 .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
204 Posts
+1 on the very good deal.
You have got your monies worth on the bike already. It owes you nothing--so just continue the basic maintenance and continue enjoying the bike. You may get 100K Miles on it. Who knows!
Simba

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure if I should have it done or not honestly. I'm pretty sure it's never been done on the bike which worries me. But I also don't want anything messed up. Any advise?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I was in the part of "whats a throttle body rebalance"? However, when you partner up with Tech Art Guy, you hear some new tech terms all the time. He rebalanced mine. Since it's still down I don't know the affect it will have. However, he did it for another customer and he said it made an improvement on the acceleration side. Sean has the vacuum tubes. I can see this being a good video demonstration in the future.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'd love to see a demo of it. I think I will just save up slowly for it and have the valves and throttle body balance done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts