Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the threads it is obvious there is a book - Burgman Service manual.

Any links, ideas where I can obtain one from. Burger still under warranty, which gives me over a year to obtain said publication.

many thanks. Doug

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
waspie wrote
Any links, ideas where I can obtain one from. Burger still under warranty, which gives me over a year to obtain said publication.
Any Suzuki dealer.
Since you have time keep an eye on Ebay.
And through the net
You should expect to pay somewhere between 20 & 40 bucks.
and it is a worth while investment even if you don't do your own service work. :)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
it is available on CDROM on ebay at the moment (I cannot vouch for quality).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Service Manual

Hi Waspie

Had the same problem myself I got mine from the dealer
not expensive mine was £19.50 for a k4 book
part No 99500-34080-01E
Hope this helps

Chris.c

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
burg650 said:
Norm where on ebay did you see this.
It is for the Olde Burgman 400 here

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris C, many thanks will attempt to obtain one after the silly season in the shops. (after new year)!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got one from repairmanual.com

I think this is a new edition
Ser number: 99500 34081 03E
Expensive but worth every cent (about 80$ including PP to Israel)
By the way I also have more 18 months of waranty but knoledge is important.

·
Registered
106 Posts
For those of you who have made the service book investment: how much space is devoted to clearing away the stuff (sorry for the tech-speak) so you can deal with the problem? Forum comments have suggested most of the time spent servicing is dealing with the plastic...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
james_eric wrote
For those of you who have made the service book investment: how much space is devoted to clearing away the stuff (sorry for the tech-speak) so you can deal with the problem? Forum comments have suggested most of the time spent servicing is dealing with the plastic...
It's really the same old story, the manual is never that good but you can't work with out it.
The first time, as in most anything is the hardest and with help from our members I now take different plastic parts off and on pretty easy.
In fact I still marvel at the fact that nothing breaks and everything fits so well.. :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
james_eric said:
I've taken the plastic off my 650 several times. The manual definetely helps in this the first time through. I can remove the whole front body work down to the frame in probably less than 40 minutes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got my service manual from a Suzuki dealer around $80.00(cdn) :oops:
And now I don't have to take it to the dealers anymore, it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Factory Service Manual for Burgman 650

Found a paper service manual on eBay. I e-mailed the seller. He has additional ones in stock for $48.00 delivered! I don't know about anyone here but I like to have it in black and white in front of me that way I can make notes in the margins if necessary.

Excerpt from the auction details:

The manual includes a Table of Contents and index which include an exploded view of parts disassembly sequence, bolt torques, thread sizes, and page references to descriptions in text. Repair instruction includes disassembly/reassembly, inspection, testing/troubleshooting, repair and adjustments with information on Special Tools, Specifications, Fault Codes, Maintenance Schedule, Engine, Engine Cooling, Fuel/Emissions, Steering, Suspension, Brakes and body.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7943469379&category=34240

I have his actual payment address as well as his PayPal address if anyone wants it PM me and I'll forward it on.

Dee

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, Dee. I've written to see if this seller has a manual for the 400. We'll see. Regardless, I shall take digipics of the individual plastic-replacement projects in case anyone is interested.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
james_eric said:
I shall take digipics of the individual plastic-replacement projects in case anyone is interested.
Pics are always welcome and appreciated! :D

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Randy, Is that a Suzuki issued manual? The parts man at my dealership, stated the manual for a 2005 AN400 has not been released yet but will call me. Certainly not sittin by the phone for that call!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It is a Suzuki issued manual, but I would email them to see if it is the same manual for every year, and what year there 's is.
Mine scooter is a 2003 / 400 and that is the manual I got from them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The manual I mentioned above is for the 2003 and 2004

There is probably more than one edition of that manual.
I preffered to get the recent updated Manual. Anyway the postage make it expesive.

Ser number: 99500 34081 03E

·
Registered
9 Posts
Current Edition...

When I picked up my 2004 the sales guy asked if I would like a copy of the manual. I figured it would be a good idea - charged me $25 CDN for it!! I notice it says 2003 (2004) on it implying that perhaps there were no significant changes between those 2 years. Of course the first project I attempted the pictures in the manual were different than the real thing (bolts in backwards, etc) but it still is a lot better than nothing for us mechanically-challenged types!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts