Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I'm a recent addition to the BurgmanUSA club although I have been checking you guys and gals out for some time. I think it's great having this forum and being able to share information, exchange stories, and plan events. Speaking of which, I'm looking for a few riders who are interested in a full day ride in and around Washington, DC on Sunday, September 11? The plan is a simple ride in and around the district in support of two events being held that day....1) the America Support You Walk which is being held from the Pentagon to the National Mall where Clint Black will put on a free concert afterwards (for those who wish to stay), and also 2) the 9/11 Quilt that will be displayed for the first time at George Washington University. Since this is a quick and dirty excursion (and my first time planning an event like this), don't expect anything fancy :oops: Perhaps when I get more experience planning such events and I can get fancy :wink:

Anyway, I'm looking into the possibility of the America Support You event to allow a few motor scooters on the Pentagon parking lot (where the event will begin). We can then travel on Interstate 395 into the Captial Beltway where we will go around DC before going to the Mall. After a brief stay at the Mall we will then go to George Washington University for the revealing of the 9/11 Quilt which bears the names of all vicitims of this horrible event. From there we will travel to Old Town Alexandria for dinner at one of Old Town Alexandria's famous restaurants (The Fish Market, the Penalty Box, etc.). Anyway, plans are still very sketchy. I will provide more details as I get a feel for how many people are interest.
I will plan this event if I get at least 7 interested riders. Otherwise, I'll try again next year.

Since this tour will take us on several interstates, you must have a bike that is DOT highway approved (capable of traveling at highway speed of at least 55 mph). Please respond if interested.

Ride safe!!!

BAC

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
larrycainjr said:
Not certain I will be in town that weekend, BAC, but sounds like fun. Please keep me in the loop on your plans.
You got it Larry! I'll keep you informed. :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Larry, Andy, and others who are interested.

So far it looks like it's going to be me, Larry, and Andy for the September 11 DC ride. Here are the particulars:

Meeting Place: Denny's Restaurant
13775 Jefferson Davis Hwy (Route 1)
Woodbridge, VA

Meeting Time: 10:00 am

We will grab some breakfast/coffee and look to jump on the road by 11:00 am. We'll drive around the old Lorton Prison (now closed) around Lorton Road and on to Interstate 95 N. We will ride pass the Pentagon where the Freedom Walk will be taking place, and then into the District. We will need to decide if we're going to park and walk to the Capital Mall where Clint Black will be performing a free concert or continue on to our next destination. See the below web site for details:
http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/

Our next stop will be George Washington University to view the 9/11 Victims Memorial Quilt. See the below web site for more details.
http://www.gwu.edu/%7Enewsctr/pressrele ... nt_id=5500
Afterwards we will head back to Virginia to Old Town Alexandria for a late lunch (or early dinner - which ever way you want to look at it :wink: )before ending our ride.

If you have any places you want to stop during our ride just let me know.
You can also e-mail me at [email protected].

See you then!

P.S. Bring you shades. It going to be sunny tomorrow. 8)

·
Registered
157 Posts
As you are aware, Marylanders think a passport is needed to cross the river into VA. I'll pull out the maps and hopefully see you at 10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts