Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is the first intercom vendor that implements the Universal Intercom™ function... now you would be able to pair your SENA with any other device that uses the standard. It is just awesome.

We are pleased to announce the release of the version 5.0 firmware of the SMH10 with major enhancements in functions and features such as Universal Intercom and Advanced Noise Control™.

- Universal Intercom: You can have an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headsets using the Universal Intercom™ function.

- Advanced Noise Control™: It is equipped with wind noise suppression and intelligent Noise Gate in the intercom to limit the interference of wind noise and background noise while riding.

- Sidetone: If this feature is enabled, you can hear what you are speaking during an intercom conversation or a phone call.

You can upgrade your firmware using the new Device Manager v1.4.4 for Windows and v1.9.4 for Mac users.

·
Registered
104 Posts
didn't get the email yet but AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just a heads up... Make SURE to do the factory reset and then repair to your phone and other headsets or things get slightly flaky... (Hearing other's music etc)
Also, it used to be to pair two headsets you put one in pairing mode then simply touched the other headset's jog dial, but now you have to hold the other headset's jog dial a couple of second to pair.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a heads up... Make SURE to do the factory reset and then repair to your phone and other headsets or things get slightly flaky... (Hearing other's music etc)
Also, it used to be to pair two headsets you put one in pairing mode then simply touched the other headset's jog dial, but now you have to hold the other headset's jog dial a couple of second to pair.
Yep, that's correct, after upgrading to firmware 5.0 you get choppy intercom audio, so to solve this, you need to:

1: turn on the intercom
2: unmount it from the clamp
3: turn it around and look at the tag specs, next to it on the right there is an small hole, push it with a paper clip or something like that and the unit will turn off.
4. you're done.
5. turn it on again and the unit will work just fine.

if you have a pair, you will need to repair the two units, by pressing the jog dial until the unit says "Intercom pairing", with both units next to each other on this status, will pair up and you're ready to go.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Just bought the Sena SMH10

I like the volume and the ability for two to listen to music from the same iPhone or share a phone conversation. The controls work very easily with gloves on. I did try pairing to another brand without success, but did not spend much time on that.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I love my Sena but if I put it in the pockets on my helmet the speakers are too far back behind my ears to sound good. When I slide them up I can hear much better sound but the helmet hurts my ears after 20 to 30 minutes of use. Is it safe to dremel the helmet a bit to get the speakers to sit back from my ears a little bit, say 4mm or so?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'd say no - would weaken the helmet
Can you hook proper earphones to the Sena? - better fidelity - quieter

I use Ultimate Ears i5 - best is set with inline on off switch

·
Registered
68 Posts
Personally I don't think a little modification to the Styrofoam in the ear area would affect the overall integrity of the helmet.
Out of curiosity, what brand of helmet has the ear piece cutouts so far back?

·
Registered
207 Posts
You might try rotating your speakers (the angle where your wires exit). Maybe they are a bit directional. The older Autocom speakers I have are extremely sensitive to being off-axis with the ear.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Personally I don't think a little modification to the Styrofoam in the ear area would affect the overall integrity of the helmet.
THAT I agree with - but a Dremel smacks of shell grinding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts