Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased one of these units? They were due to ship in April.

My little riding group is trying to decide between buying the Cardo G9x, which is currently available, and the new Sena 20s.

The Cardo seems to have all the same features plus the ability to swap out headsets with ear buds or other speakers, and they are cheaper. The ear bud thing is almost a requirement for me, as open speakers are just not listenable at highway speeds, given my current rides.

Does anyone know of any Sena advantages? I heard they can intercom more than 4 riders at once.

Whatever knowledge that is out there would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Hmmm - thought the Sena did the earphones as well - that's important to me.
On our GTA board the consensus seems to be for the Sena these days mainly because it will link with all other BT brands and is reliable.

Must admit the Q2s we are using here are astonishing given the age.

Lost a channel on my original Q2s - then also on the G4 (?) so getting a bit skittish.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmm - thought the Sena did the earphones as well - that's important to me.
On our GTA board the consensus seems to be for the Sena these days mainly because it will link with all other BT brands and is reliable.

Must admit the Q2s we are using here are astonishing given the age.

Lost a channel on my original Q2s - then also on the G4 (?) so getting a bit skittish.
http://senabluetooth.com/product/intercoms/20s/#tab-description
It looks like it does have the earbuds jack.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Since you are a member at GTAM - search Sena - there are a number of threads

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the Sena communicator set. It is the SPH-10. I was not aware they had a new model out, however, If it is the Sena brand info you are looking for, here are some notes on my experience with them.

My units work very well and they have a decent battery life, with about 8 hours continuous use. I have a small tie clip size iPod that I plug into it for music, I can also stream my other iPod music via Bluetooth. I can use the intercom, answer cell phone calls and chat bike to bike. Don't believe the 1 mile range though. It is actually about a half a mile. It could be near a mile like over flat terrain and you maintained LOS. I have a couple of these things and bought two extra mounts with helmet speakers. I have them installed in different helmets.... Mine are less than a year old and the only real complaint is they are very sensitive to wind noise. I am still working on that... Sena is a decent brand and is used by Victory Motorcycles as their communicator of choice. One other thing, if they go dead while on a ride, you can recharge and use them at the same time. There are not the Master Slave type unit and are NOT just an intercom but a very reliable CLEAR, all purpose communicator. I am happy with mine...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sena's website still says April availability. Revzilla suggests May shipment (I signed up for e-mail notice but not a pre-order). Friends are happy with the 10-series so I'm waiting and will probably order the 20s.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sena's website still says April availability. Revzilla suggests May shipment (I signed up for e-mail notice but not a pre-order). Friends are happy with the 10-series so I'm waiting and will probably order the 20s.
Yes, I've heard the 20s release has been pushed yet again, which is worrisome. Why the wait?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Likely getting the software correct as this universal connect is ground breaking. Better they get ot correct the first time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Likely getting the software correct as this universal connect is ground breaking. Better they get ot correct the first time.
Amen to that! I'd much rather wait than to buy early and have to deal with being a guinea pig - the way I do with Microsoft products... :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
Product launches are tricky things to time exactly. They might be working on a last minute issue, like a plastic mold correction, or just have a shipping delay in one or more electronic components. Where I work we never seem to have visibility of a firm launch date. "Just need to fix one more thing..."

·
Registered
207 Posts
Uh oh. Sena's 20S product page changed from "available in April" to "coming soon." Yes, I check it almost daily, lol. That doesn't sound good to me.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Sign of product not ready to go to market place.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now resalers are listing it as available Mid-June.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sena's website is now showing a more detailed product page, plus it is linked on their front page. But... when you follow their product link to buy it does not show up in the available product list.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just an update... The Sena 20s is now scheduled to ship in late July. Okay, that's like the fifth postponement since December. Not even sure if I want to be on the bandwagon now. :confused:

View attachment 27449

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update to my update...

A buddy emailed Sena today and said they are releasing the 20s today. Pre-orders are shipping first, so it may be a while till they are available.

If anyone gets a pair, I'm interested in a review.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I didn't pre-order but I am on Revzilla's "e-mail me when available" list and haven't gotten anything from them yet. Probably shipping the pre-orders there as well.

And yes, someone review this ASAP please!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Heads-up that Revzilla says these are in stock and shipping next-day. I was hoping to read more reviews but I just ordered one anyway.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heads-up that Revzilla says these are in stock and shipping next-day. I was hoping to read more reviews but I just ordered one anyway.
Let us know how it works.

I'm really interested in is cross connectivity with other brands, particularly Scala. A couple buddies have that one and we'd all like to chat.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts