Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read at least two calls for the self canceling turn signals in this Forum. It's a simple matter Suzuki, get an old Honda Pacific Coast 800 and copy their self canceling signals. They worked great especially on my 1989. Quit listening to the Lawers.
Also would like to see an option of a built in GPS as its hard to leave a $600 GPS set on the bike while it's parked in a parking lot and taking it on and off is a real pain.
Also would like to see a cruise control on the bikes or at least an option for one. Buy one off the fellow in Austrailia and copy it (McCruise). Riders who have cruise control on their bikes love it. I wouldn't have a car without it or without SELF CANCELING TURN SIGNALS.

Biil - Ole retired guy in Northwest Indiana
03 Burgman 400 and 2012 Burgman 650 Exe. plus a couple of old dirt bikes in the shed - Love my Executive. I think it's the best bike I have ever had in 47 years of riding.

·
Registered
484 Posts
+1 on the self canceling turn signals.
+1000000 on automotive type cruise control.

I have a 2006 B650, no cruise. I just bought a 2011 B400 with 1,500 miles on it, no cruise.

If the 2014 B400 has automotive cruise I'll buy it, especially if it's white but never a black one. Hey, that's just the way it is.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I owned a Pacific Coast for about 10 years. Hated the self cancelling turn signals. The way I decided to handle the matter on my Burgman was to add the pizo-electric buzzer mod that several have done to my turn signals. Loud enough to wake the dead. Now when they are on, I know it.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have had self cancelling turn signals on 3 BMW over the last 15 years. I don't like them. They work based on time and/or distance. They will continue to blink after you turn until the time/distance has expired. They will also stop before you turn if you signal good distance from your turn. When I ride my BMW, I pay attention to make sure they keep blinking until I turn and I manually cancel them just after I turn.

The electronic cruise control on my BMW is the best option I have ever had. You do need to pay attention to the grip because it turns. I keep my hand on the bar end weight that doesn't turn.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had cancelling turn signals on a 1983 Kawasaki LTD 550 but the problem was, they often didn't work because the wheel didn't turn far enough for them to trigger the cancel which is the whole problem with bikes, we often don't turn our wheels enough to trigger the cancellation, unlike cars where you have to turn the wheel to trigger it. I understand what you guys are saying though, a buddy of mine who always forgets to turn off his signals wired a loud indicator sound into his Burgman 400 although this isn't something I usually have a problem with.

What i'd love to see is electronic cruise control on the Burgman 650, especially since it's considered a "touring" scooter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed an electronic cruise on my 03 650.
I just bought an 07 and am going to have one on it soon.
$1100.00 for the one from Austrailia and $178.00 for the one from Amazon.
Think I'll go with the one from Amazon this time.
I found 7X1 metric nuts from Fastenal.
JimV

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I want self-initiating turn signals so I don't have to "remember" to turn them on.

Seriously though if you can manage turning them on then turning them off is just a question of getting into the habit of doing so...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I installed an electronic cruise on my 03 650.
I just bought an 07 and am going to have one on it soon.
$1100.00 for the one from Austrailia and $178.00 for the one from Amazon.
Think I'll go with the one from Amazon this time.
I found 7X1 metric nuts from Fastenal.
JimV
Good call, it seems to me that McCruise is very expensive stone or nail soup

as you still have to do so much adapting to the bike anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I want self-initiating turn signals so I don't have to "remember" to turn them on.

Seriously though if you can manage turning them on then turning them off is just a question of getting into the habit of doing so...
That's what I said to my buddy but for some reason he just could not train himself to turn off his signal so he had to go to all the effort of installing a loud clicker. :confused:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I would suggest highway pegs, real electronic Cruise control, and self cancelling turn signals are both wise and intelligent suggestions. I whole heartily agree.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Back in the late 70's Honda had a simple $5.00 beeper that was not that annoying. Couldn't get any simpler than that! Wish they still used them, I'd buy one...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts