Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see self-cancelling turn signals. Even my Honda Foresight 250 had them and it was half the price. C'mon Suzuki, it'll polish up the already suave Burgman's image that much more and won't cost much to add. 8)

·
Registered
270 Posts
self-cancelling

8) I'd like this idea a lot. Great saftey idea, to let other drivers know for what you are doing. I have to run a beeper on mine to remind me to trun them off. :roll:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Probably the best safety feature that Suzuki could add to the 650/400.
Leaving a turn signal on is one of the most common (and deadly) mistakes that a motorized two wheeler can make.
Like Doug C. I installed beepers on both my ET-4 Vespa and on the 650 because I am paranoid about leaving a turn signal on.:shock:
GinDrinker
:D

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree, this would be a very safety-conscious improvement. Typically, I pride myself on turning my signals off Immediately after making the manuver for fear of misleading others (unlike some of the folks I sometimes ride with). But just this morning on the way into work while stopped at a light, I realized my right signal indicator was on. I had to think long and hard to even remember the last time I had made a right turn or lane change. Thankfully nothing bad happened, but the signal would not have been left on if they were automatic turn off.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have to agree. :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Turn signal canceling

I followed my riding buddy who was on his Burgman 650 (A really special
scooter BTW) however I thought he was going to get wacked on several
occassions because the turn signals don't cancel and that is sending
dangerous messages to car drivers. He would drive for miles with the ****
signal annoucing a turn he wasn't going to make. I'm planning to trade my
Harley Dyna for a 2006 Burgman and I'd like to think it will have a turn
signal canceler, it's a very basic safety device you know.

Dale Peterson

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm sure it has a $4 cost to the list price.But I'd trade the deadbolt fancy pants lock for cancelers anyday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts