Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal - I'm going to Seattle for vacation in mid July. I'll probably rent a bike out there for around town and also to run up to Vancouver. Total time I'll want a bike is about 1 week + or - a day. This is going to cost a few bucks, so, I thought I'd throw it out to see if anyone was interested in renting me their scoot for this time.

Maybe someone who needs a few $$, or someone who can't quite afford a scoot and this would give them a way to get the last bit of money to get one. Best would be someone who is going to sell their scoot anyway and would like to pick up some money before they do.

If anyone is interested, please send me a private message. I'll be away for the holiday weekend so might not get back to you til next week.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know anybody who would sell relationships with his bike for money.
Renting your own bike is like betraying a friend.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Gives new meaning to the term "pimp my ride"... :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Oh boy...do you really think someone would be willing to do this. What about the insurance? What about liability? I think you'll have better luck with the rental places and let me tell you frankly....people who can usually affort a motorcycle or scooter usually have their fair share of dollars to afford to get into scootering in the first place. None of would ever need to supplement their income by renting their precious bike. Maybe there's some sucker out there!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rental

Well your from Jersey so before I pay the remaining 8354.00 on My bergman that I ordered yesturday, and find out I hate it (could happen), maybe you can rent me yours or loan it to me so I can see if I like it.

Plus that will give you some x-tra bucks to pay when you rent one on vacation.

I wont steal it, I am a police officer, Ill even throw in a FOP card :)

Well its worth a shot :)

Bergman, Hayabusa, Bergman, Haybusa, all day since yesturday..........

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: Rental

wgolpe said:
Well your from Jersey so before I pay the remaining 8354.00 on My bergman that I ordered yesturday, and find out I hate it (could happen)
2 things, #1- I'd negotiate a better deal. I paid $7600 out the door for my 03 650 in june. #2 you won't hate it! you'll LOVE IT! just ask anyone on the sight. the 650 is the best all around bike you can get, I did months of research before I bought it and I know that I got the best all around ride on the road. It's fast as hell, handles great, you can put 2 full face helmets under the seat, ( try that on the 'busa) and is comfortalble for long trips 2 up. and no shifting unless you really want too! no clutch, no popping the clutch and killing the bike in front of crowds and embarrasing the heck outa yourself, don't laff I saw a guy do it today, I laffed but I felt sorry for the poor ******* too.
Just get that price down a bit and buy that bad boy ASAP and immediatly get a vented Clearview sheild as the stock one really blows.

P.S. I actually smoked a Lamborghini Countach tonight (light to light) on mine and I've been dying to tell someone! I had the wife on the back at the time. (a.k.a. "my witness")

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gunrun

Hey Gunrun, what did they break the inital bike cost down too?
I know I cont re-negotiate the taxs and the warranty prices , But I was also dissipointed at the whole 150 off MSRP price. I would have like them to say, drop off about 4-5 since I am paying 1100 on top of the msrp for warranty, taxes, and dmv stuff...

Did you get a ESP (extended service plan)? what did that run you, they told me 552 for 48 months.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I paid cash, no pmts, only negotiated the out the door price. wasn't falling for the extended warrantee, ( I used to sell cars ) I made it clear that there would be no added fees, tax and everything $7600. I also told them I would have their service dept. put on my Givi topbox and Throttlemiester Cruise. If you can't get a better deal, I'd tell them you are a serious buyer and will take your business elsewhere... don't be afraid to write down your # and tell them if they want to sell a bike to get more realistic and call you, then leave..... chances are they will call and make you a better offer. Don't let your overpowering desire to get the bike cloud your better judgement on getting a better deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Someone rent their bike???????????????? To someone they don't know??????????????????? Omly if he has cash in hand for full replacement cost of a brand new bike for when he wrecks it, doesn't bring it back.
LMAO that is soooooooooooooo funny. :lol:

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I keep forgetting I'm on the B'Man group, not the PC group. Not so strange to lend or rent a bike to someone on that group or other groups.

Lot's of newbies here who don't know what a true biking brotherhood can be. It's a pity.

I'll try not to make the same mistake again.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
JerseyBiker said:
...I'm going to Seattle for vacation in mid July. I'll probably rent a bike out there for around town and also to run up to Vancouver. Total time I'll want a bike is about 1 week + or - a day. This is going to cost a few bucks, so, I thought I'd throw it out to see if anyone was interested in renting me their scoot for this time. ...
I notice that none of the cynics replying are from Seattle. :p

I'll gladly offer to rent you my Burgman.

I'll be on a tour from July 4th - 10th, but if you're going to be here after that send me a PM with your details, and we'll see what we can work out.

JerseyBiker said:
I keep forgetting I'm on the B'Man group, not the PC group. ...
Please don't lump everyone into big pigeonholes. That's called prejudice.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm sorry man, I can't keep quiet about that last post. from jerseybiker. The guys & ladies on this site have been incredibly helpful to other members they didn't know personally, here you get really quick detailed answers to questions and people ride across states to ride with other members etc. I've read a post where a member who has never met any of us personally offered to help us get parts from Japan that we can't get here. To say we don't know about brotherhood because most sane people aren't going to hand over their $8000+ favorite vehicle to a complete stranger not even knowing if they can ride or how well, is utterly ridiculous. This is a great group of people overall and I'd be proud to ride beside any of them.
A wise man once said "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.".....wise advice. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here, but you really should have thought that one through before hitting the "submit" button.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I am stating this as a member (not a moderator).

I have to agree with Jeff. The post from JerseyBiker was way off the mark. This is a great family of riders. Loaning or renting of personal machines to strangers is not something I've seen done with any frequency on other motorcycle forums I've belonged to. And there are many good reasons for not doing something like that.

There are many seasoned riders in this group. Some of us have been riding for forty years or more. To call us a group of "newbies" is silly.

Very few posts on this forum really irritate me. This one did.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
pauljo said:
...Very few posts on this forum really irritate me. This one did.
I fully agree; his second post wasn't very nice.

On the other hand, he specifically asked for responses from Seattle riders, so it might have been better if those not in a position to help had simply not responded.

thunder53fl, in particular, gave a "less than helpful" response.

I've had my moments of being less than helpful too, and I was properly reminded that we should try to be civil here. Overall, BUSA is one of the friendliest fora I've belonged to. Let's all try to do our part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
But Jeff

I dont mind leave a number and saying call me with a better deal, I am just afraid they wont call :)

I know they have a blug berg in stock, and another dealer I bought my last two bikes from wont have any 650s for at least two more weeks. So I dont have much of a selection to bargin with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts