Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory seat on my AN650 is not too bad but could sure use some improvement, especially for larger riders. Removal of the adjustable "butt rest" really adds some needed room (could still use a little more) but it should be made to be more easily removed and replaced by using the existing adjustment lever.
Also, the seat slopes too far forward. Every time I hit a frost heave or similar hard bump, I bounce just far enough off of the seat that I keep sliding forward. I have to continuously keep trying to slide my butt back in the seat. This can become really tiresome on a long ride. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Make the butt rest into a lower back rest by making it adjustable up and down and back and forth. You'd have a winner there for sure. How nice it would be to get a bit of lumbar support on a long trip!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Both of the above posts also apply to the 400. Another inch of butt room would be wonderful. I'd gladly sacrifice a bit of trunk space to get that inch.

Not sure it would be feasible for Suzuki Motors to do, but would really like an OPTIONAL ONE UP ONLY SEAT, SADDLE STYLE.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Don't change the passenger seat

My wife says this is the best passenger seat of any bike/scooter we've ever had. That's saying a lot.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 400 and have removed the butt rest as well to gain some more leg room. A few comments in that regard:

1) More legroom. I would sacrifice an inch or two of trunk space as well.

2) Pad the area behind the buttrest. With it removed, it is too hard. I will have to put in/on an aftermarket product to compansate.

3) Make a cover to fill the holes where the butt rest was. I have rigged a poor substitute. A cover or perhaps a thinner pad that slides in to replace the original butt rest would be a nice option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SEAT

I too have difficulty with the seat, weigh 110 kg and am 5 ft 10 in tall in the old measure, run the tyres at 33 psi F and 36 PSI R on no 2 spring pre-load. At the end of the day my bum bone is absolutely numb after only 300 (interupted) km ride and ready to fall off. Suzuki do not tell me it is my age (64), I too find the seat uncomfortable.

:evil:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Judging by the feedback and witnessed by the number making modifications or seeking aftermarket replacements (Corbin and Russell) this is one that Suzuki should pay attention to.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Jim said:
Sloping foward is a problem, I had to shave off the foam on tha back 1/2 of the passinger seat, and add foam to tha foward 1/2 of the passinger and front 1/2 of the rider.
I have a 400 I find that the seat is tilted forward and causes my body weight to be mainly on my tailbone.. very uncomfortable on long rides.I wish it was a little softer also.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Come on Suzuki. If you actually read this, you are very aware of the seat problems most everyone has. You're a great corporation, and you're going to address this aren't you.

db

·
Registered
27 Posts
My biggest complaint is the windscreen and the seat. Specifically, the pad. at I bought the 400 for my wife, she is 6'2" and I am also 6'2" she doesn't complain about it but, my knees hit the dash. if that pad was not there I'd like it more. I understand that shorter folks need to push it forward but there hould be an alternative. the V Strom has 2 different seats the BUrgmans should too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Funny how you can pay $7.500 for a bike that has a $7.00 seat on it. To my wife & I thats all its worth in the comfort department.
Back in 1995 I paid $15.000 For a GoldWing that had a $15.00 seat on it.
The solution is simple but expensive. Russell Day Long Saddle.
They have a repeat customer here.
By next year I will have one on the Silver Bullet. (I'm about half way there in saving for one)
Expesive yes (About the price of a pair of recliners!) But worth every penny!
Lou
05 Silver Bullet Burgman
05 Majesty Mini Trike

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
New seat

Just make a new seat-better padding-not so hard and maybe better suspension for a smooth ride. JC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts