Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Seat won't open/Unlock

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Doc Wheezer 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm unable to open the seat in my 2007 Burgman 650. I red the post which advise to push hard on the seat and turn the key without any results.

Would removing the central frame cover above the tail light (see link below) allow me to unlock the seat if the cable is broken? If not, what is the right procedure? What panels do I need to remove?
Center frame cover removal (Step 3)
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/32-how/22486-starter-removal-650-body-panels-facilitate.html

Thank you

#3 ·
Next, grab the cable on the right-hand side of the bike under the service cover with a pair of pliers and yank forward. You have to grab hard enough to grip the cable inside the sheath.

If that doesn't work, you may be looking at removing some tupperware. There are other posts here about unlocking the trunk without the key. Do a search.

Regards
Scott Fraser

#4 ·
try pounding on the seat when while your turning the key --> won't work
grabbing and yanking the cable forward the bike under the service cover --> won't work

The central frame cover above the tail light does not come loose after removing the screws. Looks like is stuck in the middle under the backseat.

What tupperware do I need to remove to be able to unlock the seat?

Also re

#5 ·
Mine was stuck too.. for a while.. Finally I sat on the seat..and turned the key and I heard the pop that it was now open..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.