Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mine doesn't latch regularly - I keep a screw driver in to open it - it's stiff.

I've ridden with it many times - the seat loop sits against the metal closer....it's solid.

I think it's just friction in the cable not letting it close. Too lazy to lub it. :rolleyes:

I would not use a key to flip it up. Key could break and they are bloody expensive Screwdriver works the charm to open the latch.
Ditto to the comments about riding with the seat non latched. Meaning that the seat latch 'pin' is sitting against the underlying latch 'catch'. I rode for several months on the AN650K7 as it would occur with increasing frequency that the latch would not release using the key which connects to an electric solenoid to the release cable releasing the latch. The cable at either end needed lubing, which I'd do with a WD40 equivalent at the latch end which would work for a period of time. Not a lot of easily found lube choices here in China. I just got lazy one day after finding that once again the latch wouldn't release using the key, and therefore had to revert to the remove the tunnel/engine inspection cover which also means removing my Givi tunnel bag (just an extra inconvenience). I used a screw driver to close the latching mechanism. Pretty simple logical method. Once the latch locked in, I simply closed the seat down against the latch and this worked for me and my situation. I've been meaning to install a quick release lanyard, but again, too lazy to get round-to-it.

Fast forward those several months, and I released the latch, lubed liberally with more WD40, and closed the seat locking into the latch as designed. Seat latches and releasing well for the past week or two. Need to replace the air ram on the seat, since the OEM has given up the ghost, though this is unrelated as it occurred prior to the latch/seat release problem.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My seat has not locked on my 2008 400.since a large tree branch fell on it during one of the last few hurricanes.....!! Does not bother me in the least bit. And.have never had anything stolen. I would venture to guess that the only people who know that there is even underseat storage would be another scooter owner.
Exactly my thoughts, after having my seat in the down position but not locked or latched. See my post above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.