Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
Have you tried turning the key like your opening the seat to trip the latch to the open position.

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
Like MacDoc says, stick a screwdriver in where the seat bar would go and lift up on the catch while you turn the key. It should spring open. If not unhook the cable from the latch and see if it opens. If it does the cable probably needs lubing. If it doesn't the latch may need lubing or repair.

The latch is easy to take out so you can unhook the cable. Just two bolts hold it on. You will need to remove the plastic cover over it to see the bolts. The plastic cover is just held on by two push pins.

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
I can't remember ever noticing any looseness in the spring but then I've never specifically looked for any either.

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
I had to do a little service work on the 650 today so I checked the spring on the seat release while I was out there. It is not loose at all. It has a little tension on it even when the latch is in the open position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.