Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the questions I see a lot is many of you ask on the forum is about "How does XXXX seat fit? You ask about Corbin, Russell, and BurgmanSeats seats. It's a tough situation as they can cost more than $1,000 and it's a crap shoot if they are right for you.

So, here is the real question. As Reaper had mentioned wanting to meet up and try out a seat I have, I happen to have on hand a Russell Day Long and a Corbin. If I were to be at a pre-determined place at a set date, How many of you would be interested in "trying out" a seat? It would be a way to find out if a certain one is for you.

I was thinking about the 5th of July as I am off that weekend. The wife is working so I choose to do my business on those days. Reaper had mentioned Toledo. It would work for me. I would have to charge a small fee as I it will be a 400 mile trip and a complete day lost.

I only have seats for the 2003-2012 650 to bring.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That works for me and a fee IMO is understandable , but it would be a good idea to state what the fee would up front so there is no misunderstanding .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about $20 a person. However, there appears to be a lack of interest. Maybe it is a good idea but just not the right time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You know, if it's just Reaper, perhaps he could just meet you in Cincinnati? That way the person who wants the info would bear the cost.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but I am always thinking of what I could do for the group and when are you going to get the chance to try a $1,000 seat out and not have to buy it first? After all, there are always questions about "How does a Corbin feel? Well, this is a chance to find out. I know I like to sell seats, but it's more important that the riders understand what is best for them. And as always I will go the extra mile to benefit my fellow riders..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yes, but I am always thinking of what I could do for the group and when are you going to get the chance to try a $1,000 seat out and not have to buy it first? After all, there are always questions about "How does a Corbin feel? Well, this is a chance to find out. I know I like to sell seats, but it's more important that the riders understand what is best for them. And as always I will go the extra mile to benefit my fellow riders..
Like I said I don't mind contributing at all , as far as the 100 mile ride to get there goes that's OK too . Personally I think it's time and money well spent , and much better than spending $1,000 for a seat that you can't stand . How many opportunities are you going to get to see and sit on a Corbin , a Day-long and a Carey seat all in one place ? It would also give people a chance to meet up with other members and do a lunch or dinner thing .

And just as importantly , maybe even more importantly you get a once in a life time chance to meet TheReaper! :sleepy4: :D

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Hey...I rode from Lafayette, Indiana to Cincinnatti...
175 miles, & a good trip....except for 38 degrees
when I left home. Warmed-up later that day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts