Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'12 burgman - intermittent at first now will not open. is there an emergency release? is there a permanent fix?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi quack, welcome to the club!

Try pressing down on the back of the seat, in the center, as you turn the key. That may take enough pressure off the mechanism to allow it to unlatch. If that doesn't do it, check out http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/400+b+Seats and scroll down to "stuck seat."

If a broken cable seems to be your problem (unlikely, but...), you're still under warranty, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks . . . will do! Used to have to slam fist on seat of Vespas while pushing the button. A simple mechanical latch would be nice!

·
Premium Member
12,600 Posts
after you get it open check the screws to make sure everything is tight its a simple cable system and there is a latch / wire hangey out the side thing lots of people use on this site somewhere you might want to check out

welcome to the site and lets hope this is the worst problem you ever have :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Happy riding, on your '12 :D

I noticed that my seat closes but is not shut tight. Might have to grind the latch plate holes a little. There doesn't seem to be any adjustment.

Weird that there is no "emergency release". Dead battery = no way to open the seat?

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
My 2007 400 closed just fine if I simply sat on the seat. The 2008 400 doesn't. I physically have to push it down. It's not a big enough deal to worry about adjusting the seat latch, but that's the answer.

Regarding the dead battery issue, unless something has changed, it is a simple cable operated latch. Many of us have installed an emergency release in case we lock our keys in the trunk.

Chris

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
quack said:
'12 burgman - intermittent at first now will not open. is there an emergency release? is there a permanent fix?

The seat unlocks via a cable running from the key switch to the un-latching mechanism. Don't worry about the battery!!!

I squirted some white lithium grease on both the locking mechanism and the latch.....!! No problems :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so a little down push on the seat while activating the key/latch and presto it opens! thanks 4 all the advice!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
:oops: Oh, battery is not involved? Just the key mechanism? Guess I didn't look at it hard enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts