Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 Burgman today and the seat will not lift by pushing in the key. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Push down on the back of the seat and then remove the pressure. Then try using the key to release it. Mine hangs like that a lot. I really need to troubleshoot why it's not latching properly.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
36 Posts
When the lock is acting sticky on my 400, I push down on the seat above lock while turning the key. As you using a stock OEM key or a copy?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I solved that problem.............!!!!!! I just never lock the seat - EVER!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I solved that problem.............!!!!!! I just never lock the seat - EVER!
How do you not lock the seat? It locks when you put pressure on it & I assume you sit on the seat at some point..

Mine hung up one day when I ut my jacket & helmet under the seat and the jacket, even though mesh, too up too much room.. I had visions of a ticket because I would be riding without my helmet.. finally it popped when I turned the key.. whew !

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Sometimes having someone smack down on the seat
near the latch, while you turn the key, will pop it loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all, we have had some luck with the pushing the key and smacking the back of the seat, but at the present time (all day today) that hasn't worked. If we are lucky enough to ever get it open again, what can we do to prevent it from doing this?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
How do you not lock the seat? It locks when you put pressure on it & I assume you sit on the seat at some point..

Mine hung up one day when I ut my jacket & helmet under the seat and the jacket, even though mesh, too up too much room.. I had visions of a ticket because I would be riding without my helmet.. finally it popped when I turned the key.. whew !
NOTH.......! nope - i always ride - standing up.........!! More fun and challenging too.

Actually......during one of the last hurricanes - a tree fell on the scooter and bent that latching mechanism...... Doesn't bother me at all.........

·
Registered
11 Posts
is the rubbe gasket in the way? My gasket comes off pretty easy which I'm not sure if that's good or bad...just a thought?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The locking mechanism could need lubricating. I use a lock graphite lubricating spray I found at Lowes years ago for things like that.

Doug in Kentucky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts