Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody tried to make the seat open higher? It does not open very big even worst with topcase in place. It does not like an easy task to modify it, because of the gas shock would not close if you get one any longer.:confused:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
You can remove the top end of the strut (1 splitpin+one washer) This allows the seat to go up higher. You can hold it there with a bungee hooked to a brake lever.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
You can just make the strut longer. Not my pictures, but from the German forum AN650.de

Length increased by 24 mm (just shy of 1") resulting in an opening of 64 cm (25.2") instead of 53 cm (20.9") measured at the rearmost part of the seat.

The guy who posted it has a huge aluminum top box and needed the extra lift angle for access.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Disconnecting the top of the gas strut at the seat allows for the seat to be opened more. One can prop the seat open with a length of wood or similar, or use a bungee attached to the seat and the handle bars or similar.
I have a length of wood which I prop up under a seat between the underside of the seat and the plastic cover near to where the tool kit is stowed - works for me on my K7.

My Jetmax scooter seat doesn't have any device to hold the seat open. The seat is hinged at the front and rotates forward to rest against the handle bars providing very good access to under the seat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Or you could buy the super seat support that I make ($75.00). Send self addressed stamped envelope to Mark Ashby 944B Liverpool Circle Manchester N.J. 08759 for picture & more details. Seat opens to 26in with this device & will safely support up to 50lb. Sorry I'm a complete computer clutz & cant post the picture on line.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys these are all great ideas, I think I will try extending the rod about 2", that looks like the cheapest way to go. Love this forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts