Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had read about someone who will re-contour your seat then mail it back to you?

Also, what is the cost for this?

This seat on my B400 is the daily mileage limiter. It is just WRONG. Even though I have an Alaska Sheepskin cover on it :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Check with Cary at
www.burgmanbrothers.com
sometimes he has a rebuilt seat ready to go,
that he can ship to you, but not always.
When I wanted a rebuilt seat, he happened to
have a spare, & sent me some sample patches
to chose a custom cover. I paid him up-front,
so when my seat was ready, I rode to his house
& he installed my seat in just a few minutes.
If you live too far away, he can help you determine
shipping costs.
(I lived in Indiana at that time)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I would do this in a minute, but everyone's different so I just don't know how someone of a different proportion can make it to my liking. How can I be sure? Right now I'm limited to 80-100 miles before I have to stop.
I'm thinking about trying the Air Hawk in spring, the bead riders did nothing.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I would do this in a minute, but everyone's different so I just don't know how someone of a different proportion can make it to my liking. How can I be sure? Right now I'm limited to 80-100 miles before I have to stop.
I tried my old Alaska Sheepskin (bought for my Honda Pacific Coast) with little improvement. Next tried my Bead Riders (bought for me Suzuki V-Strom) with no improvement. Last I tried my Airhawk (purchased for my 650 Burgman) with good results. Had I not already had the sheepskin and beads, I would have spent more that it would have cost to get my seat remade for me. Trust me, get an Airhawk. I got the expensive one and as I said. it works.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The airhawk conforms to your shape every time you sit on it, and adjusts every time you move about. Perfect support no matter what seating position you choose.

The trick is not to put in too much air; you want just enough to lift you off the seat and allow the air to adjust about. It takes a while to get it right, but well worth it once you are. I don't even blink when someone wants to do six, eight hours saddle time ride. I can easily ride 400+ mile days and not feel sore afterwards. It's that good.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Seat modification is a big debate as everyone has a different definition of comfort. I do re-padding on the Burgmans. I will do a seat for you and send it to you so you can still ride while waiting.

My website is not great right now, and I am having to redo it again. If you want to email me, [email protected]. As it is the weekend, I am around today and tomorrow. I will pm you my number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts