Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a 2003 Burgman 650. I have no knowledge of the scooter and wanted check the bike over before riding. Can someone tell me how to open the seat. I believe it's hinged in the front and picks up from the back of the scooter but I can't seem to find the lock release. Thanks for your cooperation. Richard

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
Put the key in the ignition. Push it straight in as far as it will go then turn the key to the right. A cable connects the ignition switch to the latch on the back of the bike seat. You are correct that it will lift and tilt forward.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
That is how it is meant to work IF it is working right. :thumbup:
Do not gorilla the key and break it. :(

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
Yes the cables can rust up if they are not used for a while or are not lubed once in a while.

Also sometimes the latch in the back will not trip. In that case, push down on the back of the seat while turning the key or give the back of the seat a sharp rap with your hand before turning the key.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I just NEVER lock my seat........!!!!!! Much easier, too. AND - never had a problem doing that............ :thumbup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
I just NEVER lock my seat........!!!!!! Much easier, too. AND - never had a problem doing that............ :thumbup:
What's up, doc? If it latches, it locks, and if you sit on it, it latches! How do you not lock it?

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
And my seat come up by it self, I changed the damper on it. Anyway back to the original topic. If you know nothing much about the 650 you might want to get a owner's manual from a dealer.

You might want to read up about the key shutter before you have trouble. Do you have one of the original keys, if not beware and do not fool with the shutter.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
cheap0 said:
v8eyedoc said:
What's up, doc? If it latches, it locks, and if you sit on it, it latches! How do you not lock it?
It never locks when I sit on it..........!!! After all...it's a Burgman..... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
cheap0 said:
v8eyedoc said:

Not after hurricane Irene ................. seat latch is bent......

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts