Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 400 type s

I have seen other posts about this but what has been posted on them hasn't helped, I have tried applying force to the back of the seat while turning the key, several times to no avail, I am certain its got to do with the wire, is there no way for me to just disconnect it without having to lift the seat up and pull on the blasted thing to get the seat up? or maybe take the bolts out from the back where the release is

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You do have to push the key and then turn. It can be tricky when first doing it. Of coarse it is possible that the cable is busted or disconnected or that the latch is jammed.

I looked at mine to see how the latch works and you might be able to get an awl or icepick between the ring and the latch arms. Then push on the arm that is to the right side. No promises but it might work. I am afraid to damage mine trying but it might work for you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Remove the panel over the tail light and you can get a screw driver in and release the lever. As I remember it takes the removal of 4 push pins.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
If you can get the plastic panel loose
that goes around the latch asembly,
you can go in under the plastic trim-piece
with a long rod/wooden dowel & push in
on the end of the cable, & release the latch.
This worked for me last summer, when we
had to get the latch opened for Irish McFeeney
on her 400.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I triedtosit onthe seat while I turned th e key and it unlocked. Sitting on it relieved the pressue on the lock that was there because I put too much crap under the seat..

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
The cable is likely rusted or broken. As 12string said remove the panel between the taillights under the spoiler (see attachment 1). It just pulls straight back to come off.

Once you get it off you will have to use a long screwdrive or something similar to reach up to the latch and trip the arm (see attachment 2). The arm is on the bottom left of the latch and the cable attaches to it. You will have to move it to the left to release the latch.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alrighty got it open, thanks for the help everyone! Turned out it was a broken cord, made a temporary toggle for the time being.

Thanks again gotta get to ordering my new seat and release cord for it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's what I did on mine. Now if I ever have a problem I use my emergency pull cord. Handy to use when I don't want to shut off my scoot. :)

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
If there is some slack in the cable,
the bracket that holds the end
of the cable jacket, can be 'formed'
slightly, to remove the slack, &
tighten-up the action of the pull-cable.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I believe he has already figured out the cable is broken.

Alrighty got it open, thanks for the help everyone! Turned out it was a broken cord, made a temporary toggle for the time being.

Thanks again gotta get to ordering my new seat and release cord for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts