Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after a long search on the web I have a few questions about my seat options:

1. How much does Cary charge for an upgraded seat? Has he done any 2013-14 650s? Can I buy an entire seat from him or do I need to send him my existing seat?

2. Does the 2012 Corbin seat fit on my 2013 650?

3. Any sheepskin or velour options for my '13?

Thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If possible provide a link to a quality sheepskin which fits the '13 650. I like the 650 but I'm interested in making it better.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For a sheepskin, I use a large unsheared skin from Alaska Leathers. I went with the natural skin but a buddy of mine went with the black. Mine is about 15 years old and is holding up well. My buddies is about 10 years old and is holding up just as well as mine. They warn you that the dye can cause staining but his black one never has.

http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/the-7/Sheepskin-Motorcycle-Seat-Cover,/Detail
Does it raise the seat height about 1.5 inches?

Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Russell "Day-Long" Seats

http://www.day-long.com/
OH YEAH!!! :love10::love10::love10:

I have three motorcycles as well as the Burgman. All four of them have custom seats on them. There is no way there is a "one size fits all" when it comes to motorcycle/scooter seats. A 6'4" 300 lb. man is not going to sit on a saddle the same way that a 5"1" 100 lb. lady is. And his and/or her rear end will suffer because of it.

Getting a seat made for your butt is the only way to go. Those of you that are happy with your beads and inflatable devices all that I can say is good for you and I wish that I was but I aint and that's all there is to it.

After getting my first RDL for my Honda PC800 back in 2000 I finally found out what it meant to be able to ride literally all day and not get uncomfortable. There are so many things that I like to think about when riding other than how much my tush is hurting me.

Yes, they are not cheap. I bought the one on my Goldwing used because that guy (same height and weight as me) was selling his bike. I got the one on my Burgman off of ebay several months ago. Oh, bliss!

If there is a downside (other than price) of the Russell saddles is that you will find yourself putting more miles on your bike than you planned. A lot more. So if you want to keep your machine low mileage you certainly don't want to be putting no RDL on it because the last thing you are going to want to do once you do that is leave your bike parked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts