Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have just purchased a 650 K4, brand new for 4395 pounds on the road.
Fantastic, but i need to lower the seat more. I have allredy cut out a fair bit but would like to know how far can i cut down too? can i cut more if i put a gel pad in!! (also i have seen gel pads for horse saddles being sold cheap on ebay, would they be any good!! as they can be cut to size)
I have a 29 inch inside leg , it seems to be more the width of the seat now than the height!!.
Anyway I can touch the fround with the balls of both feet, but would like more.
This bike knock the socks of the burgman 400 in my opinion, and lots of other bikes i have owned as well.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

Where did you source your Burger from? I just recently did a similar deal at £3995 - just said that to make you feel good! :wink:

There are a few articles and some pics on cutting seats down - try using the search facility - also look at JBond's pictures here (another UK member) Seat pics

Look forward to hearing more from you! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Kevin,
Welcome to this forum :)
I am 5ft 8in and 29in inside leg,no problem for me, nearly get flat foot down.
What settings are your rear shocks on ? Mine are set at two.
By the way, my Burgman is the Executive and you would really be p***ed off if you knew how much I paid for my K4 model.
I am from Bolton but living and working in Saudi Arabia.

Ian :D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Kevin. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new '04 Burgman 650. I'm sure you'll have a blast on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome,

I did have a AN400 X , and I cut the seat down on that as did Julian Bond.

I dont think the 650 seat can be cut down as low, as I have already got real close to the the plastic on the edge of the seat.

When I said 29" inch inside leg, i dident like to say but thats with my shoes on. :lol:

29 inch inside leg without shoes would be ok, I have looked at motorcyle boots but they are all flat :cry:

anyway going out for a ride now. bye for now

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Kevin,

Try a western boot with a higher heel.
Thats what I used to wear riding my old AJS 650 twin.

I still have them and I'm going to try it this spring.

Used to hook my heel over the bare kickstarter pretty good and the high stiff arches helped protect my foot when it backfired on starting too :)
No problem if you stomped it, and then unlocked your knee immediately.

(the spark was always advanced because my magneto was cracked and I sealed it up that way. Was a good antitheft device, that kicker):twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts