Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question was asked about the seat cover on my Burgman so I thought I'd answer it with a write up about the cover.
I first came across these covers whilst visiting Thailand, most of the 125 bikes were fitted with them and having hired the odd motorbike whilst over there I was impressed at how comfortable they were. So off to the local supermarket I went and bought a few for my bikes in the UK. Since then I have rarely had a bike in the last 20 years without one.
The covers are a nylon sprung mesh material that come in various sizes and stretch across the seat. So what makes them so useful. The cover is made up of lots of coiled nylon springs, like a minature mattress, so you are lifted off the seat by these pockets. It allows the air to circulate through which is fantastic on a hot day as you get some airflow under your backside.
Another advantage (not so much in UK,but more so in Spain) is that on a hot day when your bike is out in the sun the seat never gets hot, in the UK it has the ability to stop your backside getting soaked when it's raining, lol.
They may not be a comfortable as your Corbin seats, I have not tried a Corbin, but they certainly delay the numb bumb feeling.
They are cheap, very cheap in Thailand.
So I get a Burgman 650 with the biggest seat I've ever seen, none of my covers fitted, nowhere near. Dam.
I then came across Roey who could supply a cover for the Burgman. I ordered one, it arrived, it was tight, but it fit, whopee.
When you get the cover it has two velcro straps and an elastic that go under the seat. To make mine fit a bit neater, I came up with a simple solution that holds it in place and makes it look a bit neater.
I purchased a packet of stong girls hairbands, looped these through the cover then drilled the underside of the seat at various points and srewed in a short self tapper leaving just enough proud to attach the elastics. It is much easier to do this with the seat removed (disconnect strut and remove 4 nuts on bracket, unplug light / seat heater). Fit the cover and refit seat.
Talking of heated seat this is the only negative point with the cover, as you are off the seat, so to speak, your backside does not get the warm glow from the heated seat. However if you are riding a lot in wnter conditions you probably won't want it on as you'll get an icey blast where you don't need it.
So how do you get one.
You can contact Roey direct he operates out of Israel. his E-Mail is [email protected].
Or you can order from his e-Bay store Black Seat Cover Net Sit & Fly For SUZUKI Burgman HONDA Silver Wing XXXL2 | eBay
I have attached a few photos so you can see how I fitted mine.
If you do get one add your comments to this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Cooperman do you slide on it as this seems to be a bit of a downside of users on Youtube. Very tempted to buy.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I could use that on my leather seats in my Hyundai Elantra touring model. They sure get hot here in Vegas!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No you dont slide I never have anyway, they not as slippy as the standard seat.
However if you are wearing some nylon waterproofs or your wifes nylon tights then there might be an issue.
Bet there is one somewhere for car seats,
if not you have a buisiness opportunity Uncle Fester, lol.
Sandancroy for the price, try one, I'm sure you'll like it. If you don't get on with it sell it to Fester.
Report back here anyone who gets one and let us know what you think, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered it and it never came? Tracking shows it went to USA and not UK. Had to get Ebay to step in as seller saying nothing and no money back yet. So thumbs down for me

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
I got mine a week ago but have not fitted it yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry to here that Sandancroy, Roey is normally pretty good, he seems like a genuine guy. I'll drop him a line and see if he knows anything about this. Where in UK are you?

Sandancroy you have PM.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have seen these discussed on the Vstrom forum, glowing reviews there, many try it first before spending $$$ on aftermarket or custom seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts