Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Found a website for a driver seat backrest for the Burgman. Called Jac and he said that it should fit both the 650 and 400, but will refund money if it won't work on the 400. I bought mine today for my 400 and will post more when I get it installed. You can look at it at http://www.rvtoys.net

I am in no way affiliated with this company or web site. Just looking for a more comfortable ride!

Kelly Case
2003 an400-Silver 8)

·
Registered
409 Posts
It will interesting to hear the reviews. I put on the utopia backrest and I'm totally pleased. It is a wonderful addition.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just found out the subtle differences on the 400 drivers backrest vs the 650. I got a kind soul to loan me his 400 backrest bracket so we can make a bracket specifically for the 400 as well. Fool that I am, I thought the 400 & 600 brackets would be the same, why re-invent the wheel, but it's a difference I've found and corrected.
jac

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Kelly have you installed your backrest yet? I ordered one from jac

and looking forward to useing it! I can't get confy in the saddle I think

this will be great for the back but I am still concerned about butt ach.

Kelly Dugan
04 AN400 :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
So far I have but 125 dollars in to my seat (make that the bikes seat) and while not great (or even as nice as I would like) I am able to do 160 miles with out much complaining .
I had 1" of foam added to the bottom and sides, the back rest squared off with high density foam.
All this was done at a local furniture reupholster .He did not have the same type of cover so I used plan black leatherette..
Now to wait for Corbin to make a seat fro the 400 :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Backrest...

casek, once it's on, please post some photo's. I send Jac an email and asked why the mount was covered and he didn't say. Just want to make sure it looks good too! Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay

I need to email Jac because I haven't received it yet! I'll give him till next week and then email to find out what the hold-up is.

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
What seems to help me is raising the front of the seat, maybe because of having longer legs (I'm 6'2")as well as redoing the butt rest (see photos). The origional configuration had a tendency to slide the rider as well as the passinger foward.
I have about $160 in my mods mainly for 2 gel pads. The rest I did on my own

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I think I can live with the seat, it's not bad after the foam I added but I have to do something with the backrest.
I will be watching for a review on the rvtoys backrest also, It looks good not to expensive ------hope it works and it's strong .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jac's Backrest

I'm anxiously awaiting my backrest from Jac. I received the original unit from him about two weeks ago, but it was designed for the 650 and didn't fit my 400. I sent him my seat bracket and he's used it to design a backrest for us 400 riders! I'll let you know how it works out.

Andy

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my backrest installed

I originally bought the backrest for my 400, but gave the bike to my wife and bought a 650. I installed the backrest on my 650 tonight. It took me a total of 22 minutes from start to finish. I am NOT mechanically inclined at all and found the installation pretty easy. The backrest fit my back in a strange position at first, but a couple of times around the block and I got used to it. It is pretty comfortable. I need to take it out on the freeway and see how it supports. I will try to get some pics up sometime this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts