Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the seat butt rest from the seat, but the dang screws are holding the legs in and I have to remove the screws, but no luck. I want to make a back rest from that butt rest. Anyone solve this problem ?
Thanks, Jay.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thank Mitch for all this information.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Uncle Fester. I tried this but the screw is so tight it won't budge, and I don't want to strip the head. Anything else I can try?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I tried this but the screw is so tight it won't budge, and I don't want to strip the head. Anything else I can try?
You will minimize the odds of stripping the screw if you use a proper JIT standard tool. It's a good idea to have a set of these for working on Japanese bikes or else you risk stripping screws at every turn...so to speak. The reality is that you might strip the screw at the threads even if you don't strip the head; this happens often with those little butt rest screws. All they do is prevent the butt rest from coming completely out if you accidentally pull it too far. They're kinda useless, because you can always just stick it back in with no problems.

When I took those screws out, one of them did, indeed, get stripped on the threads. I used a dremel to decapitate the screw and tossed it. Never missed it a bit.

BTW, I'm selling my 3BrothersPerformance butt rest riser in the classifieds section.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, dogboy. One screw came out, the other is still not budging. I applied some 3in1 oil and will get back to it later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts