Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No interest... To the back of the garage it goes.
Will figure out how to remove post later.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Why take it down , just because no one needs a seat right now doesn't mean they won't a month from now .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I offer $100 shipped. The fact is a seat is just not worth much. Not everyone is heading to the store to buy one and there are a hundred on ebay that still think they are worth $800 just because Suzuki set that as their standard price. You can actually wrap it in celephane and take it to fedex. Due to the size, most people do not understand the shipping experience and get taken up with the $80 shipping fee.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I offer $100 shipped. The fact is a seat is just not worth much. Not everyone is heading to the store to buy one and there are a hundred on ebay that still think they are worth $800 just because Suzuki set that as their standard price. You can actually wrap it in celephane and take it to fedex. Due to the size, most people do not understand the shipping experience and get taken up with the $80 shipping fee.
I take it that is what you do , wrap it in cellophane and ship FEDEX ? I have a FEDEX account as I am guessing you do also ? If so what does it cost you normally to ship a seat ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Corbin cost $27 from Boston and it is heavier.

Not a problem because it is not for sale any longer. Reaper, just dont want to mess with it now, too much going on.

Probably easier to get one off ebay, Bakeisback says there are a hundred of them there.

It is resting in the corbin box on my shelf... ;-)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The Corbin cost $27 from Boston and it is heavier.

Not a problem because it is not for sale any longer. Reaper, just dont want to mess with it now, too much going on.

Probably easier to get one off ebay, Bakeisback says there are a hundred of them there.

It is resting in the corbin box on my shelf... ;-)
What's to mess with ? Leave the ad up some needs one they email you and you ship it . You've already got the box , be patient grasshopper :D All that said I wouldn't sell it , if and when you sell the bike put it back on and sell the Corbin to some one else .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I normally will not use FedEx because my seats have to arrive in good condition. When you wrap it in a sheet of plastic, it gets bumped and dinged. I normally ship with the Post Office, but I make my boxes to custom fit the seats. It's the 108 cubic inches that people don't work well with. When I ship a seat to a customer it is in a custom box, so they can ship it back for the same price and not have any worries of penalties. If you are shipping a box for a one time shipment you may feel different about the time invested. I may seats using a box 20 times, so my 3 hour box making investment is worth it later on. With the Post Office raising their rates, sometimes I use UPS or FedEx, but not often.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I agree. Keep the OEM seat and put it back on when you sell the Burgman.

You're better off selling the Corbin separately

1 - 9 of 9 Posts