Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know if the 2003 Burgman 650 seat is the same as the 2005 Burgman 650 seat? I'm trying to sell mine and the person interested said that his dealership told him they think it fits but they have different part numbers. thanks..

- Brian

Janesvilile WI

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm not the world's leading expert on scooter seats, but as far as I know, they are identical. My 03 650 seat looks exactly like the one on the 05 I just looked at day before yesterday. If there are any changes, they're so subtle, Mark I eyeball can't detect it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think they made some minor change to the shape from 2004 to make it easier to get your feet on the ground, but the fit is the same so no prob.....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ask Corbin if they use a different pan for the different years (I don't think they do). Also - the bodypanels haven't changed - so the seat is different, but compatible...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Robert said:
Ask Corbin if they use a different pan for the different years (I don't think they do). Also - the bodypanels haven't changed - so the seat is different, but compatible...
Corbin would be the last outfit that I would ask about a seat pan. <g> Corbin is notorious for poor seat pan fitment.

The parts person should be able to determine if the new part number is a replacement or if it is indeed different in a way that would affect mounting.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
My corbin pan opens easier than stock. Never had a leak in Florida downpours either. Also they (Corbin FL) were very respnsive with my one or two inquiries.

I think that there might be a slight difference between the 03 and 05 (specifically twix the 03/04 vs 05) underneath the pan for the courtesy light wire routing (note to self...) - however, I believe that the lip/seal edge and the pivot/gas strut hardware/attachment has not changed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Suzuki should have made a different seat, cause the stock stinks. I always feel like I'm sliding forward. Pretty much my only complaint about the whole bike.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The moveable butt pad is a nice idea - but it should go further back. The seat would have been fine with a little padding there, and a solid cover.

Hey Suzuki - leave the rest of the hardware there - and if you want the pad then you poke two holes in the seat and slide it in. Either that or sell a thinner pad.

Does anyone ride the 650 with the pad all the way forward?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts