Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screen Fixings

Hi, I just swapped my screen for the Givi touring screen on my 2014 650 and found that the 2 outer most screws had metal washers instead of the plastic grommets as the other fixing screws had. To me it didn't look quite right with a metal washer being in contact with the plastic. Have others found this or could this be something the dealer did incorrectly when putting it together?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry to hijack this but could you please let me know how the new screen compares to the original as I am thinking of going the same way. Thanks.

Geoff.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Sorry to hijack this but could you please let me know how the new screen compares to the original as I am thinking of going the same way. Thanks.
The '13-'14 are likely different than the older models if your referring to your 2011.

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
Screen Fixings. Hi, I just swapped my screen for the Givi touring screen on my 2014 650 and found that the 2 outer most screws had metal washers instead of the plastic grommets as the other fixing screws had. To me it didn't look quite right with a metal washer being in contact with the plastic. Have others found this or could this be something the dealer did incorrectly when putting it together?
Not sure about the 2014 using a steel washer but I would NOT. Sounds like a windshild'less ride to Lowes to get some plastic washers.

Sorry to hijack this but could you please let me know how the new screen compares to the original as I am thinking of going the same way. Thanks. Geoff.
Geoff, the 400 GIVI "Airflow" for the 400 is said to be very good. They do not make it for the 650. Search on the 400 topics for Daboo, he was one of the first users of one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts