Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw info on this some weeks ago but I can't find it so here goes again: Is there any vertical adjustment possible on the '04 - 650 screen?

I have taken off my Clearview screen to see how much better gas mileage will be with the stock screen. I am getting 38 mpg around town with the
large Clearview.

If I could push the wind 2 inches higher, I would be fine with the original screen. Can the bracket be moved up? Just checking before I take it apart again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
There is no adjustment at all! I tried with my Canadian Suzuki (Italian) wind screen and other than cutting slots or drilling new holes there is no way to adjust the screens up or down.

At least I couldn't figure out a way to do it!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Without fabricating an entirely different bracket there is no true vertical adjustment. However, several of us have shimmed the upper mounts outward a bit, which will gain you a bit more wind lift. It will NOT come anywhere near to providing the wind lift of a Clearview XL or XXL of course.

The way I shimmed mine is described within this thread:
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2301

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. One more question: the rubber fasteners that attach the screen are of two different lengths - 2 short, 2 long. Which go on top and bottom?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
My originals, and the replacements I bought, are all the same length. I think that two of yours were probably more compressed than the other two from prior tightening. If you look at my old set, they do appear to be of different lengths now - but they all started out identical in length. Some of them just returned more fully to their original length than the others. So basically, it doesn't matter which you use on top or bottom.

By the way, I have a new set on order. Why? I probably hold the record for the most windscreen screen swaps on a 650. The next time I do it I want fresh fasteners - I think the rubber fatigues a bit after multiple removal and reinstallations.

P.S. I know that you also PM'd me on this. But since you posted in the forum too, I didn't want other folks to end up with the same question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts