Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My silver '04 took a spill on Saturday. I was taking it off the center stand and was standing on the left. The ground was not as solid as I thought and over the Burg went. Landed on the right side and scrapped the front fairing, side of foot rest and back. Obviously a dumb move on my part and I should have been on the bike when I took it off the stand!

Any suggestions on fixing it? What have others experienced? Of course, each time I get on I "see" the scratches. Depressing on my new toy!

Thanks for any help! :roll:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pat, Ibought "just in case" touch up paint from Color Rite, the web address is I believe, Color Rite.com
Mine is silver. The paint is 4915 Suzuki YD8 Met. and the clear is CLEAR TFCC-1.
So far I haven't had to use mine, good luck. :p

·
Registered
30,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Depending on how deep the scratches are (are they just scratches, or are they gouges), you may have to do a little sanding and filling before painting. Your friendly neighborhood autoparts store should have filler compound, and maybe even books/videos on how best to do this.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I would just get the touch up pen paint as advised and 'slap it on' the scars.

You never know you may get some more (hope not)! :wink:

Then keep it as a winter project to do a proper restoration.

NormanB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Riding over cosmetics

I will take the advice from you guys and ride the bike, cover the scratches and a couple deeper ones with some color-rite and ride for the season. Then, will check into other options and expense to get back to "new"...maybe by then my guilt will be lessened. Felt so stupid when I did it. Safe riding all!! Thanks again.

:D

·
Registered
368 Posts
we all feel stupid when we do things like that.

I think it best to always be on the bike when moving it around. Just lunge forward to "pop" it off the center stand. Yes it taks some force, but with both feet down, u have stability.

Someone keyed my new BMW car and it turned my stomach every time I looked at it. Got the dealr to fill it in and it is not very noticable. I try not to look to hard to be reminded that it's there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Save yer money. The next time you take a vacation, go to Europe. Not only will you enjoy yourself, you'll see that scooters are supposed to have shredded up body panels.

Csachs, don't forget what BMW stands for - Break My Window.

Peace.

·
Registered
689 Posts
There is a wax from Turtle wax that's come in different color to match most paint and also comes with a wax lipstick style pen that you pass over the scratch then polish it and it does a good job in hiding most scratches.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great ideas

Thanks for the comments. At least no one "keyed" the bike.

I will also check out that wax and see what it can do. Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
burg650 said:
There is a wax from Turtle wax that's come in different color to match most paint and also comes with a wax lipstick style pen that you pass over the scratch then polish it and it does a good job in hiding most scratches.
We used that wax on the limousines at my former security company. It worked well to hide superfical scratches and chips like one might get from wiping the car down with a dirty cloth, or drivng on the freeway behind a big truck, but it wouldn't do muck for deeper dings and scratches like getting keyed or having someone open their car's door into you.

Probably won't work on a dropped bike's scratches either, but it couldn't hurt to try. It's cheap, and even if it doesn't work you'll still have it to use on the rest of the body panels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts