Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, while out riding, I scratched up my lower plastics. I was out just riding around on my normal morning route, came to a right hand curve which has a 20 Km/h(?) speed sign. I probably was going a faster than the 20 Km/h. When I took the turn, I heard something scraping - don't know what it was, but I remember someone saying that the center stand would scrape first if anything.

I looked to see what touched when I got home. Checked the center stand and no scrapes found. Then proceeded to check elsewhere. To my horror I scraped up the painted plastic in the front, below the right foot floor board where it starts to angle-up. It's only a small 1 inch square scrape.

It was quite startling to me that I scraped up the plastic there. I must have leaned it over too much or hit on some bump in the ground or something. At least no real damage was done - worst thing that could've happened would be I lowsided and scraped up the whole right-side of the burger.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not knowing what your experience is, I will ask a seemingly dumb question ... when going into the lean, did you throttle through the turn? It takes the load off of the front wheel and provides more clearance. I apologize, in advance :oops: , if I am speaking to an experienced rider.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going a little fast and probably trying to slow down while in the corner which is not the right thing to do. Usually I do slow down before entering my turns, but I guess today I got a little distracted.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I had my Blue 400 less than a week before putting a scratch in about the same location. Any plans to touch up the scratch? If so, you might want to look at this thread :

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1473

1 - 4 of 4 Posts