Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARGH!!!!!!

Had my blue 400 Burgman 4 days and it already has a scratch on it. Not sure how, when, or where it happened. The scratch is on the underside front right and not very visable. It may be 3 or 4 inches long and directly front to back. Looks like I hit something while riding (must be going blind not to have seen it though). I am very sure it was not there day before yesterday when I wiped down the bike. Hoping this can be buffed out or something simular. Any suggestions, comments, or other advice sincerely appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Scratches come out fairly easy on the burgman finish.
It all depends how deep the scratch is. It is safer to start with a product that contains minimal abrasives such as a cleaner/polish. If that is not enough then try 3m polishing compound or Maguiar’s Scratch-X.
The applicator cloth should have a high cotton content ex: Tee -shirt or Microfiber towel.
People usually default to using rubbing compound, which I do not recommend because it is very abrasive and removes too much finish. It should only be used carefully in extreme circumstances.
I've removed all accidental scratches and scuff marks using the Maguiar’s Medallion paint Cleaner.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
If you can't buff or polish out the scratch, Turtle Wax makes a product called ColorCure that will cover most scratches (if not too wide). The product comes in several base colors. You use the color that is closest to your color. In your case, you would need the blue.
It comes with what looks like a lipstick applicator that you rub ACROSS the scratch. The idea is to fill the scratch with this wax-type filler. Then you use the liquid polish that comes in the package and polish and buff the area you just repaired.
I've used it several times on a red Taurus SHO for some minor scratches on the rear quarter panel and it does a good job of hiding the scratch. I re-apply every time I wax it. :D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

Appreciate the helpful suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts