Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike lifts are on sale at Harbor Freight.
Listed at $349 and they allow use of a 25% off coupon.
Brings the price down to $262. Best price all year.
Can't wait to set up the lift on Saturday. First job is
some wiring and work on the SWMBO's Scooter.
Cheers,
Haze

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Where do you live? My 400 needs a brake job soon... Lol :laughing3:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You don't need a lift for a brake job. Just get an old piece of carpet and sit on the floor. I've been doing them this way for years.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You don't need a lift for a brake job. Just get an old piece of carpet and sit on the floor. I've been doing them this way for years.
It was just a joke.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have several riding buddies that have purchased this bike lift from HF and it has worked very well for them over the years, no problems.

John

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I've had mine for several years. One of my better investments.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Bike lifts are on sale at Harbor Freight.
Listed at $349 and they allow use of a 25% off coupon.
Brings the price down to $262. Best price all year.
Can't wait to set up the lift on Saturday. First job is
some wiring and work on the SWMBO's Scooter.
Cheers,
Haze
After a while you'll be saying "why did I wait so long" ???

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
. Only down side is it takes up a considerable amount of room so you need a place to store it.
Is it low enough when collapsed to park a car over it ? i.e. could you store it under the car ? i couldn't see any collapsed dimensions

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Is it low enough when collapsed to park a car over it ? i.e. could you store it under the car ? i couldn't see any collapsed dimensions

Thanks
Depends on how high your car is. It's 7 1/2 inches to the top of the table proper so that is the minimum height you will have to clear. However you have the front stop, wheel chock, tie down loops and foot pedal that all stick up above the table so you would have to remove them. If you don't then you need to be able to clear about 12 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Had mine for several years and love it. The lift has no problem handling the 650 however you may have a problem getting it on the lift by yourself.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I just start mine then walk along beside it using the engine to drive it up on the lift. Once the back wheel gets up the ramp I let the engine go to idle and push the bike the rest of the way up against the stop. Of course I keep a hand on the rear brake lever the whole time. Not a big deal to do even with the bum leg I currently have.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HF Bike Lift

I plan to use the lift as a work bench when not occupied with a bike. The lift will handle my wife's 07-400 or my ST1300 so a 650 should be no problem.
The 25% off coupons are found in Bike magazines, Sunday papers, and Outdoor periodicals.
If needed PM me. I have a few spare 20% and 25% coupons.
Cheers,
David C.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I get monthly mailings from HF. Have found weekly listings in the local Sunday paper in Pittsburgh, PA.
The local store manager gave me a sale add for the sale last Dec 3. Price $329 and verified the coupon was valid for the sale. Sale price online today (1/15/2014) is $299 but no coupon is accepted. I received an email coupon for 20% off today online. Hold out for the 25% off coupons. The coupons and sale adds are everywhere.
The 400 Burger is on the lift right now waiting for tupperware removal and some wiring mods.
Cheers,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts