Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've put an offer on a house and in the deal I will be getting the scooter of the now deceased husband. The "grandaddy of maxi scooters"...a Honda Elite 250. I don't know the running condition but, according to the seller she and her husband were scooterists until his death last year. I also don't know the year yet, but it is the first iteration of this bike. From what I've read, they're pretty bullet proof. Pics and such when the deal is done in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Good score of a great scooter. I believe the Elite 250 came out a year before the Helix.
I hope it's in good shape. I saw someone selling a full set of body panels for $600.
Mechanical parts are plentiful new but body parts, not cheap if you can find them.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Have owned the Elite 150, the Elite 250 and two Honda Helix's, they were all great bikes and "bullet proof" as all I ever did was change the oil regularly and replace tires & brakes as needed. Never had any problems at all.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Good to know the economy is improving. A few years ago, I made an offer on a scooter and a house was included.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I just finished restoring a Honda Elite 80.
The wife loves it too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts