Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Dallas bersion of the Progressive Motorcycle Show today. Hoped to see some of the new scoots that are out but only a couple were there. Kymco did not have an exhibit this year so did not get to see the MyRoad 700. Kawasaki did not have their new scoot there either. Yamaha only had a few of there little 40cc scoots.

Suzuki had all three of theirs. A white 2013 650, a flat gray 2013 400 and the new 200. The 200 was a pre production model and up on a pedestal so I did not get to sit on it. Got a few pictures though. Styling is much like the new 650 especially from the back. The windshield is a little shorty one like on the 05 and 06 400S.

Honda had a Forza there. It was situated in a spot that did not let me get a good angle for pictures but I took a couple anyway. I did get to sit on it. Not big enough for my legs to fit on comfortably but a nice looking scoot anyway.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The Hondas always look decent , their problem in just about all but the Silverwing is their CC to weight ratio . All their mid size scooters are dogs . They used basically the same engine that they had in the 260 lb Elite 250 in the near 400 lb Reflex . I don't know who runs the scooter department at Honda , but I do know whoever it is he has POOP for brains . IMO :roll:

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thanks for the pix! It's great to see that my '07 still looks as good as the new ones!

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you want power this was among the custom bikes on display. It's powered by a 4 cylinder Kabota diesel engine and has a hydrostatic drive system instead of a transmission and chain. It's licensed and street legal too although I have no idea if they ever actually ride it on the street.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I like the 200s styling, looks like a little 400. The Forza's windscreen looks way too small for a freeway capable bike. It will be an interesting battle to see which sells more. Personally, style wise, the burgette has it beat.

Btw, I'm copywriting the phrase "burgette" for use describing the 200 on the site. Lol.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
OK guys, show of hands: how many of you would want to be seen riding a 'Burgette'? :D

Like we don't have enough trouble with Burgman?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The thing is that it might actually be the perfect bike for a lot of people. 200cc is enough to get around town without tying up traffic, yet small enough to be able to get an easy 60-65mpg with local driving. I'm sure the 200 has roughly the same cavernous storage that mine has. If it's getting the job done, saving you a bunch of money, and a blast to ride, who the heck cares what anyone else thinks? I've noticed that I'm welcome at bike nights no matter what I'm riding.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
BTW - I think the 200 is beautifully styled, the nicest of the Burgman line. It's kind of urban and sophisticated. Like a Lexus of scooters.

Forza looks like the Camaro of scooters - sharp lines, aggressive, ready to carve a canyon or jump off the line.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
OK guys, show of hands: how many of you would want to be seen riding a 'Burgette'? :D

Like we don't have enough trouble with Burgman?
True, but I've seen a lot of 650 riders buying the 400 for their spouses (but probably secretly for themselves to ride around town). Now there's a new choice for the fairer sex and a cute name to make the sale possible. "Burgette", the ladies will love that moniker (and their spouses will probably want to ride it around town just as equally)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
It's got style. What lady doesn't like style?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Craig, thanks for the pics. I like the new 200 better that the Forza but wouldn't throw neither one out of my garage.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neither would be likely to end up in my garage.

The Forza just didn't have enough room for my legs. I was sitting on it with my feet up on the kickups and Robin was walking toward me from the front. She said why don't you move you feet farward and stretch your legs out some. About that time she came around where she could see me feet and said Oh you already have them forward.

I couldn't sit on the Burgman 200 but just looking at it I think I would have the same problem. Just not big enougn to fit me.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Burgette ??? I think i can see where this is going, next year its a 250, year after a 300 then 350 till it becomes the new 400 lol.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Burgette ??? I think i can see where this is going, next year its a 250, year after a 300 then 350 till it becomes the new 400 lol.
Then it seems you're already riding a pre-production, first generation Burgette 400. Lol, lets not get ahead of ourselves... ;)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I went to the Dallas version of the Progressive Motorcycle Show today. Hoped to see some of the new scoots that are out but only a couple were there. Kymco did not have an exhibit this year so did not get to see the MyRoad 700.
Interesting that Kymco wasn't there. I was just at the NHRA drag race finals at Pomona and Kymco had all their scooters & 4 wheels they sell on display. MyRoad 700 was there also.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kymco has had an exhibit at the show for the last few years but didn't show up this year for some reason.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I saw a Forza up close and personal at the local Honda shop. It's a beautiful scooter and I would get one for my wife but it's too small for a 6'2" fellow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts