Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Scooting The Ozarks 2018, Eureka Springs, AR

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  BurgyBill 
#1 ·
The Eleventh Annual Scooting The Ozarks Rally will be September 10-15, 2018 in beautiful Eureka Springs, AR. This is a riders' rally, with most of the daylight time spent riding the twisties of the Ozark Mountains of northwest Arkansas. All scooters, modern and classic of any size, are welcome. Register by May 30 for a discount in registration fees. Visit our forum for more information and registration. You can also check out the reports from last year's rally from BUSA members in this previous thread.

#2 ·
Just thought I'm jump on here and bump this thread to the top. Any BUSA members planning to attend? I can't make the whole week but I'll probably attend Wednesday through Saturday. I went last year and it was an absolute blast. I rode up from Fort Worth and rode 3/4 of the Talihena drive and the Pig's trail in Arkansas. Two of the best rides in the U.S. Loved it!

Reactions: BurgyBill
#4 ·
So, I'm about 75% certain I'm going to be able to make it again this year. I've been planning my route and I'm really excited. I'm riding to Antlers OK after work then getting up and riding up to Eureka Springs.. My route is taking the Talimena Drive and then the Pigs Trail all in the same day. Two nationally famous rides in the same day, I'm as excited as a school girl on prom night.

Attachments

#5 ·
Looks like a great route, SilverDollar! I checked I Drive Arkansas and there is very little road construction along that route right now. You might want to check that link again before you start out.

#6 ·
Anyone planning to attend should register by August 15 to insure getting a rally shirt. Lance (our rally coordinator) will have to order the shirts in time to receive them before he leaves for the rally. He doesn't live in Eureka Springs. In fact, I know of only one person who regularly attends STO who actually lives in Eureka Springs.

#7 ·
Hello all,
I made my hotel reservations today and me and the wife will be heading out after work on the 12th. I know of 2 other riders from my area that are going, one of them doing the whole week, I'm only doing Thu, Fri and Sat. I had to convince the wife to come so we're going to trailer up from Missouri. Can't wait to see a bunch of different bikes and meet some cool people.

#8 ·
Hello all, I made my hotel reservations today and me and the wife will be heading out after work on the 12th. I know of 2 other riders from my area that are going, one of them doing the whole week, I'm only doing Thu, Fri and Sat. I had to convince the wife to come so we're going to trailer up from Missouri. Can't wait to see a bunch of different bikes and meet some cool people.
Glad to hear your Achilles recovery went well. You will enjoy the people and activities at STO. My sweetie and I were able to attend a few years back and we had a good time. Unfortunately limited vacation time prevents us from being annual participants. Enjoy yourselves!

#10 ·
Maxtera, I, too have trouble standing for a long time, no injuries, just age and wearing out joints. At STO some of us tend to stand/sit around visiting a lot. We don't always have a lot of chairs available, so my husband and I have started taking our folding chairs along (we trailer up, so have plenty of room). Don't hesitate to speak up when you need one, and we will see that you have a place to sit. Everyone at STO will do whatever we can to help, but we sometimes don't realize someone needs something as simple as a chair, if we aren't made aware of it.

#16 ·
Yeah, we're leaving about noon on the 12th and hope to be there by 5 or 6pm.

#17 ·
Well, I just arrived back home from the STO rally a couple of hours ago. It was a blast! Everything was great: the bikes were all mint, the riding was sublime, the company, conversation and social events were memorable and Eureka Springs was a fantastic place to hold such an event. And, heck, it was nice for a change to attend a gathering of bikes where maxi-scooters were not a small minority, but the entire event's focus.
I highly recommend the STO rally for anyone who would like to go in the future.

#19 ·
It was good meeting you. Glad you enjoyed the rally. Everyone will want to hear you at karaoke again next year. You did a great job with "Born To Be Wild"!

#18 ·
I'm tickled you folks enjoyed Arkansas. I had hoped to make the next Eureka Springs rally, but I had prior commitments in the opposite end of the state for that exact time frame. I've got this Burgman and not using it seems a shame. I'll keep watching and hoping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.