Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK Tess, best of luck on the event and hope the weather is good and attendance is up there.

Did you happen to post a notice on Adventure Rider Rally Board which has a Battle Scooter thread that is well used by all manner of scooter riders?

·
Registered
582 Posts
My situation is trying very hard to keep me from making the rally. Seems we have Grandparent duty through the morning of 9/11. I've been talking this trip up for months but... what I want to do is very far down the list.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My situation is trying very hard to keep me from making the rally. Seems we have Grandparent duty through the morning of 9/11. I've been talking this trip up for months but... what I want to do is very far down the list.
I feel ya Skunkhome, things keep cropping up that are trying to prevent me from going. Harvey caused my coworker to shift an important conference. And another coworker's wife wasn't due until after October 1st but they're going to induce her early. I was counting on them to cover for me. I'll have to discuss with my boss next week to confirm 100% that I'm going. Oh well, we'll see.

·
Will be missed. RIP Tess
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I hope you can both make it. The agenda is posted on the STO forum now http://scoottheozarks.proboards.com/thread/1264/sto-2017-agenda so you can pick the days you most want to attend. Most people will want to be pre-registered and present on Friday to qualify for the GoPro grand prize. Friday is also the Poker Run (route has been posted) and Thursday is the all-day ride that is popular with many who attend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you are on the way to STO and have the time there is also the Hot Springs Rally prior in Hot Springs and Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in Fayetteville after so you can make a full Arky month of it. The other two are more Motorcycle than scooter but are big rallys now.

As I figured, there was no mention of STO on Adventure Rider Scooter Rally Board so I posted your info and link.

·
Will be missed. RIP Tess
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
As I figured, there was no mention of STO on Adventure Rider Scooter Rally Board so I posted your info and link.
Thank you for posting for us. We did have a member who posted there for us, but he must not have posted this year. It just isn't possible for one person to find and post to every forum and website that mentions scooters. And while babysitting a toddler 8 to 9 (sometimes more) hours 5 days a week I don't have a lot of time to spend on the computer. At the rally, I plan to ask that others take over some of the work they have been assuming I will always do. We need some "new blood" with new ideas on the job anyway.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If I come I'll help where I can.... it's my thing. We now have three storms playing in our back yard making coming look iffy. Reason I haven't registered yet. sorry Tess.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I feel ya Skunkhome, things keep cropping up that are trying to prevent me from going. Harvey caused my coworker to shift an important conference. And another coworker's wife wasn't due until after October 1st but they're going to induce her early. I was counting on them to cover for me. I'll have to discuss with my boss next week to confirm 100% that I'm going. Oh well, we'll see.
Yah, it could be much worst Even so You mention Harvey that we narrowly escaped . We feel for SE Tx and understand their plight as we are still trying to recover from "The Great Flood of 2016" just a year ago on August 13th. I reluctant to leave home with three storms churning.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Looking forward to any reports from Tess and any others on how it all went at this year's rally. From the website it seems 35 registered to go and perhaps other late-comers did, as well. And it does look like the weather cooperated.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It was my first time to go and I was thrilled with the weather. Due to storms in the Atlantic and considerations at home I was only able to ride two days but I got the full experience tent camping and the riding most of the day in the beautiful Ozarks with a bunch of really nice folks. I'd post photos but I'm at my huge limit of 5 photos on this forum. I am confounded that there is so little promotion of the rally. IT is really a BURgman dominated event

·
Registered
398 Posts
It was my first time to go and I was thrilled with the weather. Due to storms in the Atlantic and considerations at home I was only able to ride two days but I got the full experience tent camping and the riding most of the day in the beautiful Ozarks with a bunch of really nice folks. I'd post photos but I'm at my huge limit of 5 photos on this forum. I am confounded that there is so little promotion of the rally. IT is really a BURgman dominated event
I'm going to second the endorsement. This was an absolute blast. The weather turned out absolutely perfect, the rides were fantastic, and the people are the cream of the crop. This was my first time as well and I hope I can continue to make it in the future. And what was best was this was a rider's rally. If you like to ride, this rally is for you. Heck, just going through town is fun. I agree with Skunkhome that this rally needs more promotion and make it THE maxi-scooter rally in the U.S.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had already committed to a rally Eureka Springs on my Tenere in October before I was aware of this. Only able to male one this year, but I hope to be in attendance next year on the 650

21 - 39 of 39 Posts