Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Will be missed. RIP Tess
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year! Here at the first of the year is a good time to schedule your special riding destinations for the year. We at STO hope you will include the Scooting The Ozarks Rally in your plans. STO 2015 will be September 9-12 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The registration form is now available on the forum. Notice the huge “Early Bird” discount if you mail your registration before January 11!

For those of you who visit the forum using a phone or mobile device: We have a custom home page on the forum with rally information that will not be seen when you view the forum using the mobile view or tapatalk. For your best experience on the forum, use the desktop view.

Link to Scooting The Ozarks Forum

Registration Form PDF

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I'll keep an eye on this. I would like to be in some group rides in 2015 :) particularly the Appa. Mts.

·
Will be missed. RIP Tess
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I haven't been posting here as regularly as usual. I've had other things going on this year not related to riding. I still hope to be able to attend STO in September.

Here's a message recently posted by our rally coordinator, Lance. (Notice that registration fees go up August 1.)
It's now officially less than 2 month's away, the STO 2015 8th Annual Scooter Rally in Eureka Springs, Ar. If you are attending the rally this year please send in your registration soon because as of August 1st the fee goes up. I hope everyone is keeping cool through this summer heat. For me this has been a fast moving year. There are lots of riding plans being made. I plan to have some riding brochures in your packets. Along with some other items. I probably won't be doing the little parade this year, so that we all can just get straight to the riding. Just please bare with everyone that's involved in making this happen. We are stiving to have another enjoyable time while we are all on vacation during the rally. The food plans are being made and will be posted just a little later as we get that all lined out. So until then everybody stay safe, stay cool, and please be careful.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So, are there any Burgman USA members on here that are going? Probably have to head out in the next few days to make it, wouldn't you? For any who do go, let us all know how it went. What was it like riding with other maxiscooters? How were the accommodations this time? Was the route scenic with beautiful open vistas, or like many Southern country roads with boring " high tree walls" as I call them (this is important to me to know personally). Don't want to feel that "rat in a maze" feeling, which is why I prefer the more open expanses of the Midwest, Texas, and the West. Since Arkansas sits between the South and the West, I wonder which of the two ways the roads appear.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would love to go but unfortunately my Scoot is at the stealership with a steering problem.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
It was a great rally-but has a low turnout for some reason. Weather was fantastic and scenery was too, lots of twisties. JC

·
Registered
857 Posts
Really a shame that the turnout was low, still don't have my scoot back from being worked on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If they are going to get bigger they need to do a better job w/ promotion and get the scooter manufacturers involved like the motorcycle manufacturers and accessory people do. This could be more like a national scooter rally but from the website (I haven't been there) it looks more like a family picnic with a few group rides. Nothing against that, but it is not a reason for people from all over the country to plan a trip. Their website didn't seem to be updated or very professional.

·
Registered
66 Posts
And has anyone discussed with STO that most rally's are Fri-Sat-Sun and this seems to work better for people's work schedule and travelling?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have ridden with only one other maxi-scooterist at any time, so any ride with multiple other scooters sounds perfect to me. But over the years I tried to hit up other riders on "our type" of bikes to get together for a ride only to hear them say, "I just do my own thing" and the like. Are people on maxiscooters all lone wolves? You can get rallies for Vespa & Lambretta riders to get together, you can get all other kinds of motorcyclists together, but maxis? Its like pulling teeth, at least in the areas I've lived.

·
Registered
66 Posts
STO seems to put a great emphasis on Group Rides. That doesn't mean anything to me. But for many a large rally should be an opportunity for vendors to show off new products and machines that are focused on the people present. The lack of this is a major negative at STO from my point of view. But for others, maybe that aspect is not as important.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well said, Westnash. Perhaps if a maxiscooter rally would be big enough, who knows but that one of the bike manufacturers might even send reps out to get feedback from us what we think of the nuances of riding these bigger scoots here in the American market. Yeah I know, nice wish. But even like you said, if only more vendors showed up it'd be worth it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have had a few customers that go up to the STO and they said they really enjoyed it. You can ask Duster about the history and the previous groups, but they seem to fill up the hotels quite regularly. I don't get to go as it would require an entire week with both weekends for travel, but I hope to get there one year.

As far as the sponsors go, last year Kymco was sponsoring a rally in North Carolina, but for some reason they cancelled it at the last minute. I know they are a large international player, but I would think they would have went thru with it to bring attention to their brand.

·
Will be missed. RIP Tess
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts