Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read through my April - June issue of "Scootin'" tonight. Sign-up form for the "Scootercade 2004" rally August 8th - 12th at Eureka Springs, AR was included. I think I'm going to go.

There were a couple of enthusiastic owner write-ups on the Burgman 650. There was also one piece of bad news. A woman had the clutch blow on her AN650 2 days out of warranty (about 5000 miles on the machine). Suzuki is covering the repair though, and the failed clutch is being sent to Suzuki for analysis. Suzuki claims this is the first time this has occured.

There was also an interesting road trip report from a couple of gentlemen who toured Arizona, one on a Burgman 650 and the other on a Silver Wing. They talked about visiting Bisbee and Nogales (both sides of the border). Stomping grounds of our own Ted White!

For those who don't know, Scoot-Tours is an organization for riders of Super Scooters (250cc and up). They hold an annual rally in Eureka Springs - I think this is the 4th year for it. They also publish this newsletter several times a year. http://www.geocities.com/scoottours/ for more info.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hmmm....

10 hours and 500+ miles each way. Would love to show up but not if I'm up for that this year. As time approaches for the ralley, might change my mind. Never can tell when 'road trip fever' will kick in. :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mapquest calls it 440 miles and just under 8 hours one way for me.

I mentioned that it would be a longish trip to one of the gals who helps administrate Scoot-Tours (same gal, incidentally who blew the clutch on her 650). She quickly put me in my place by informing me that several women from Nebraska ride down to the rally every year on 250cc Honda Helix scooters.... :(

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hmmmm not sure I can make this one. I just did the quick map search thingy and got this as results:
1105 miles approx 17.5 hrs :shock: Not sure if I want to try for an Iron Butt award .

·
Registered
394 Posts
pauljo said:
...For those who don't know, Scoot-Tours is an organization for riders of Super Scooters (250cc and up). They hold an annual rally in Eureka Springs - I think this is the 4th year for it. They also publish this newsletter several times a year. http://www.geocities.com/scoottours/ for more info.
Just to set the record straight, Scoot-Tours was founded as an organization in 1988 and Scootercade 2004 will be their 15th annual rally.

Rock on Scoot-Tours!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ralleys

Wow it would be great to all meet sometime... To bad this is a big rock we live on. I was planning to atend the North-west scooter ralley in Coos Bay , Or. But its turning out to be a bad time to miss work. So I'll have to settle for a six day tour of the north-west states with my buddy (on a goldwing). in July. Maybe next year I will make more definate plans to attend a ralley.. this one in AZ sounds good...How many from this group would go too ?
Rob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wrong state

Woops I'm thinking of the wrong state :oops:
That would be a long ride from here.... But maybe if I could convince a few other Burger-butts from up in this corner to go ....it could be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i am going for sure. it is only 2000 miles from where i live and i just love riding . so if anyone is going down from canada or if you live in north/south dakota ,nebraska,kansas or texas email me back and maybe we can hookup

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
minnmax said:
Just to set the record straight, Scoot-Tours was founded as an organization in 1988 and Scootercade 2004 will be their 15th annual rally.

Rock on Scoot-Tours!
Wow! I had no idea! I'm a Scoot-Tours newbie - 1st year of membership.
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
368 Posts
about 1,400 miles one way for me from Miami.

22 hours of riding just to get there, not sure on this on either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is it possible to view a copy of the newsletter online? Or can you possibly scan it in and send a copy to me? I am thinking of joining this
Scoot-tours, as I heard the newsletter is good and the rally is cool but I
have never seen the newsletter so I am reluctant to shell out money for something which I know nothing about.

Thanks, Neil K.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://www.geocities.com/scoottours/ is their website. You might contact them and see if they would send you a sample issue.

As far as I know, the newsletter is not available online. I cannot scan it.
The most recent issue is 28 pages. It is in Black and White, but with pretty good quality print & pictures (kind of like the Motorcycle Consumer News magazine).

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been a member of Scoot Tours for a couple of years now. The wife and I are planning on going to Scootercade for the first time. It'll be her longest trip on two wheels so far. Should be a fun experience! The newsletter is fun to read, though they publish that it's for members only, but I agree, I think they'll give you some good information if you e-mail them.

Bruce G. Woodburn
AN650
Reflex

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks guys! I emailed them to see if I can buy a sample newsletter. I am in San Diego and that is pretty far away from most activities I believe.

Thanks again,
Neil

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Actually, it's a mini-trike (scooter version of the insta-trike). But at a cost of $1999+ shipping, a bit out of my league. Might be fun for a bit or for long trips, but I like leaning thru the twisties too much to leave one on full time.

The mini-trike is available for both the Burgman 400 and 600 along with other maxi-scooters. Their homepage is at :

http://www.tow-pacinc.com/

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was/am planning on going to the rally in Arkansas but haven't gotten a response to my email about being a Vendor. I wrote a week ago. From what I can find, the rally is during the week instead of spanning a weekend? Is that correct?
I'll be taking a motorhome and towing the bike, may even have room for an additional person if anyone from the Centex area wants to go.
jac
austin tx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts