Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I thought this was an interesting topic and since it seems inaccessible in it's current location I thought I would try and resurrect it here.

I think just about any scooter over 300cc's can do go over 80MPH although I certainly wouldn't want to keep riding for any time at that speed on a 300cc scoot, it would have to be at least a 400 to do that. The best scoot to do this on of course would be the Aprilia SRV850 since it generates 76HP i'm sure it could cruise comfortably all day at 80MPH.
We go to ocean N-H, Mass., Maine etc. 2 or more time each summer/fall, regularly come back 2 up at 80-90 mph for 7-8 hour long and 650 Burgie do this extremely easy and comfortably, easier than many motorcycle, it do this as easy as Goldwing and BMW do and not tired at end of day like many cruiser people are riding vibrator machine.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
So, what's the question? Are you just looking for a list of all scooters that can just barely achieve 80 mph, or those that can cruise comfortably at 80+ mph?

Both are fairly short lists. Anyway, I only know of a couple places in the USA where you can ride at 80 mph legally.

Just noticed your post was from Canada, land of SLOW speed limits. No real need for 80 mph capability, IMHO.

Guess yoda never ride in many many parts of New-England at 45-55 mph.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
If you ever want a thrill riding your scooter, find a small group of Harleys riding on the freeway and pull into formation with them. They hate that.

Yes, yes, yes agree, then even better thrill be after a while break formation and pass the formation, hide your laugh in helmet, have done this few time in past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.