Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 06 Burgman 400 with about 2,500 miles on it. From time to time my Burg will just cut out while at a stop. It's happened maybe a handful of times in 60 days or so days with no rhyme or reason. The Scooter is well maintained, battery is fully charged, recent plug and oil change..... has anyone experienced anything like this or know what it could possibly be that's causing this?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Maybe gas tank settlement maybe an electrical issue. Does it cut off when going over a speed bump quickly? Does idle weird? I had the cut off a few times but maybe 5-6 times max over the year i had mine. Maybe injector are dirty. I cant tell for sure. Some other will help better than me for sure

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Is it holding a steady idle? Does the idle fluctuate up and down?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
being on 06 i’d put a bore-scope in the fuel filler tube and check the condition of the sidewalls of the fuel tank if they look corroded I’d eliminate the stock fuel filter and install an external fuel filter that allows visual inspection and ride a tank full thru it then check and/or replace filter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
being on 06 i’d put a bore-scope in the fuel filler tube and check the condition of the sidewalls of the fuel tank if they look corroded I’d eliminate the stock fuel filter and install an external fuel filter that allows visual inspection and ride a tank full thru it then check and/or replace filter.
I've checked the tank for rust with a extended magnet, seemed good.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have had problems with my 2016 not holding idle and stalling if I did not pump the throttle. The easiest thing to perform is the idle relearn procedure. Not sure about the 2006 since I have a 2007-2019 model.

I also now add Starbrite Star Tron Fuel treatment every time I fill up. States One bottle treats 256 gallons of gas so it should last a long time.

Reactions: Rusty J
1 - 7 of 7 Posts